Hedonism in Satanism

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Hedonism in Satanism

Post by The Wily Fox »

Hedonism is defined as the instinct of the enjoyment of things that are pleasurable, and the dislike of that which is painful. Although both terms are subjective in their use, pleasure is described as that which is desirable and pain that which is undesirable. The modern-day association of hedonism is that it is an instinct based on empty selfish desires of the flesh such as sexual lust, excessive drinking and debauchery. These are the things that make us feel good but distract us from the important things in life.

This is an aversion from the original historical interpretation of the Greek philosopher Epicurus and his teachings, who taught that humans are motivated by the singular desire to experience pleasure and to see pain as objectionable. This philosophy is what is known as motivational hedonism, a type of psychological pleasure-seeking that states humans are only driven by that which is pleasurable and gratifying, or are discouraged by pain and discomfort.

The philosophy of hedonism in Satanism can be used as a doctrine, or a personal way of living. These principles were first introduced in books like the Satanic Bible. However, hedonism is not a means to justify irrational behaviors. Too much pleasure can lead to pain, invariably upsetting the balance between what is beneficial for the Satanist and what is not. Since humans are naturally attracted to this pleasure-seeking principle, it is easy for the Satanist to procure situations in which a person who has little or no self control can be easily lead into the hedonistic cycle of pleasure and pain. It is also conceivable to cause these desires to manifest according to this principle. The Satanist seeks to know his target’s pleasure and pain and uses these things as avenues of attack and manipulation through magical methods.

The ends justify the means, which is self gratification and satisfaction which can be very pleasurable. Although it is temporary, and we do not question the influences that make us desire these things, as it is part of the factors that influence a person’s will. A life philosophy of Satanic hedonism is not once-a-week ritual of material debauchery and empty sexual gratification, but an ongoing spiritual process of tearing down and rebuilding the self, according to desire.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Re: Hedonism in Satanism

Post by The Wily Fox »

@88jose88 This is the thread I wrote about Hedonistic philosophy in conjunction with my Satanic philosophy. This is an outline of why I believe hedonism is the most important thing one can pursue in life.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

The Wily Fox wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 2:39 am
@88jose88 This is the thread I wrote about Hedonistic philosophy in conjunction with my Satanic philosophy. This is an outline of why I believe hedonism is the most important thing one can pursue in life.
Btw Epikur is the man 8)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

@The Wily Fox

Historically, the "forbidden fruit" associated to Satanism was the pursuit of knowledge beyond the realm of what is human. Pleasure is derived from holding this knowledge and using it for one's own agenda, which might be individualistic (like Goethe's Faust) or to bring about a spiritual change (as in Aleister Crowley).

Even Crowley famously wrote: "the true test of the perversity of a pleasure is that it occupies a disproportionate amount of the attention". He knew that, however "ritualistic", pleasure was only a means to an end.

The Satanism that brings wordly, degenerate pleasures comes from the activities of certain cults, including Freemasons and other secret societies, which used spiritual development and pseudo-religious teachings as excuses to exercise all forms of perversion. There is nothing Satanic about those groups of people, only extreme abuse of power and authority aimed at deriving pleasure from another human being's pain and psychological submission.

Ironically, even Martin Luther, during his journey leading to Reformation, elaborated a complex set of theological beliefs that ended up leading him to all sorts of perversions, including rape and pedophilia. Once the "convenience" of justifying all the evil in the world while keeping a shroud of Christianity was recognised, countless groups were born, all over Europe, who perpetrated evil under the name of Jesus, or God. Protesting against the evil of the Roman Church generated something far more degenerate that the original enemy.
88jose88
Freshman Poster

Post by 88jose88 »

The Wily Fox wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:23 pm
Hedonism is defined as the instinct of the enjoyment of things that are pleasurable, and the dislike of that which is painful. Although both terms are subjective in their use, pleasure is described as that which is desirable and pain that which is undesirable. The modern-day association of hedonism is that it is an instinct based on empty selfish desires of the flesh such as sexual lust, excessive drinking and debauchery. These are the things that make us feel good but distract us from the important things in life.

This is an aversion from the original historical interpretation of the Greek philosopher Epicurus and his teachings, who taught that humans are motivated by the singular desire to experience pleasure and to see pain as objectionable. This philosophy is what is known as motivational hedonism, a type of psychological pleasure-seeking that states humans are only driven by that which is pleasurable and gratifying, or are discouraged by pain and discomfort.

The philosophy of hedonism in Satanism can be used as a doctrine, or a personal way of living. These principles were first introduced in books like the Satanic Bible. However, hedonism is not a means to justify irrational behaviors. Too much pleasure can lead to pain, invariably upsetting the balance between what is beneficial for the Satanist and what is not. Since humans are naturally attracted to this pleasure-seeking principle, it is easy for the Satanist to procure situations in which a person who has little or no self control can be easily lead into the hedonistic cycle of pleasure and pain. It is also conceivable to cause these desires to manifest according to this principle. The Satanist seeks to know his target’s pleasure and pain and uses these things as avenues of attack and manipulation through magical methods.

The ends justify the means, which is self gratification and satisfaction which can be very pleasurable. Although it is temporary, and we do not question the influences that make us desire these things, as it is part of the factors that influence a person’s will. A life philosophy of Satanic hedonism is not once-a-week ritual of material debauchery and empty sexual gratification, but an ongoing spiritual process of tearing down and rebuilding the self, according to desire.
Do I only want to help orphan children because it feels good?I don't think so.It's because I have empathy.If I had millions of dollars I'd spend that money on building havelis for orphans,not luxuries and hot hookers.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

galii wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 6:01 am
The Wily Fox wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 2:39 am
Btw Epikur is the man 8)
I agree. His philosophy on hedonism is one of the more reasonable philosophies of the Hellenistic period. Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain, and pleasure.
88jose88 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 5:43 pm
The Wily Fox wrote:
December 30th, 2023, 12:23 pm

Do I only want to help orphan children because it feels good?I don't think so.It's because I have empathy.If I had millions of dollars I'd spend that money on building havelis for orphans,not luxuries and hot hookers.
Why is having empathy mutually exclusive from feeling good about something? I don't understand why you'd have to feel bad about helping others. Surely this kind of charitable work would make someone feel pleasure from helping others.
publicduende wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 8:57 am
@The Wily Fox

Historically, the "forbidden fruit" associated to Satanism was the pursuit of knowledge beyond the realm of what is human. Pleasure is derived from holding this knowledge and using it for one's own agenda, which might be individualistic (like Goethe's Faust) or to bring about a spiritual change (as in Aleister Crowley).

Even Crowley famously wrote: "the true test of the perversity of a pleasure is that it occupies a disproportionate amount of the attention". He knew that, however "ritualistic", pleasure was only a means to an end.

The Satanism that brings wordly, degenerate pleasures comes from the activities of certain cults, including Freemasons and other secret societies, which used spiritual development and pseudo-religious teachings as excuses to exercise all forms of perversion. There is nothing Satanic about those groups of people, only extreme abuse of power and authority aimed at deriving pleasure from another human being's pain and psychological submission.

Ironically, even Martin Luther, during his journey leading to Reformation, elaborated a complex set of theological beliefs that ended up leading him to all sorts of perversions, including rape and pedophilia. Once the "convenience" of justifying all the evil in the world while keeping a shroud of Christianity was recognised, countless groups were born, all over Europe, who perpetrated evil under the name of Jesus, or God. Protesting against the evil of the Roman Church generated something far more degenerate that the original enemy.
This is an insightful piece of information. I'm quite pleased that you're one of the few people who are able to distinguish between Freemasonry = Satanism and Satanism = evil. People are quick to assume that because the rich and powerful exhibit behaviours associated with evil such as selfishness and greed, that these people are part of a ring of pedophile Satanists. Why do people make such a huge leap in reasoning?

Also the church is probably one of the most evil and selfish organisations I can think of. This is what caused Satanists to make rituals and symbols that serve as a mockery to this religion and choose Satan as a symbol of freedom and rebellion.

You lost me with Martin Luther King. I've never heard that about him before so I cannot say with conviction whether I believe what you've written or not is the truth. This is something I would need to look into for myself.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I used to live a semi hedonistic lifestyle, but I found it pretty self destructive. For example drinking to excess and taking drugs and seeking sex without any connection. In the end I found most of this to be pretty empty and depressing in retrospect.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 7th, 2024, 11:47 am
I used to live a semi hedonistic lifestyle, but I found it pretty self destructive. For example drinking to excess and taking drugs and seeking sex without any connection. In the end I found most of this to be pretty empty and depressing in retrospect.
Epicureanism might have worked much better.