Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Enjoy the new forum.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics

Received Watch Tower magazine the other day

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Received Watch Tower magazine the other day

Post by Winston » December 25th, 2009, 6:14 pm

The other day, this nice intelligent guy I met in the park handed me a Watch Tower magazine about the creation of life in the universe. I don't usually take it, but I did cause he was a good friendly guy that was nice to talk to.

When I started reading it, I found that the articles in it was nicely presented and contained valid points and questions in the beginning. But then it all falls apart when they get to the "Let's see what God has to say about it" part and start quoting Bible verses, as though it were a given and universally accepted truth that the Bible is God's word and represents inerrant absolute truth. Yeah right. Everyone knows that! It's kind of an insult to my intelligence at that point. Like I'm going to just believe that that's what God says just cause you say so. Who would be that gullible? I mean, come on, you throw Bible verses around as authority and people are just supposed to believe, just like that? Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, it's a pity though, cause the Watch Tower is a nice looking magazine with good intentions.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi » December 27th, 2009, 1:58 am

Watch Tower is published by the Watchtower Society, the parent organization for Jehovah's Witnesses.

I grew up as a Jehovahs Witness (and I'm neo-pagan/buddhist/taoist now, HA). They do indeed have good intentions and many are good people, but believe me, their religion is one big f***ed UP MESS of absolutist, dogmatic thinking and circular reasoning.

Kudos to you for seeing through that bullshit so quickly.

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”