Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Last month I decided that I wanted to go teach in China after seeing about 10,000 ads pop up on Google. I did not realize that 85% of these ads all link back to the same five scam recruiters that tell people to come work in China on a tourist visa and they will "take care of it - once you get here." Anyway after talking to the reps of these agents below, I got such conflicting information that I got totally confused.
Angelina's ESL Cafe
But they all seem to have six things in common...
1. None of them will provide their license number or real Chinese names
2. They all evade questions about specific schools and guaranteed salaries
3. They all lied about the visa laws and fail to tell me that I would be deported if I got caught working on a tourist visa!
4. They all claim to be "part of", "affiliated", and/or "endorsed" by the Chinese government (Ministry of Education or SAFEA)
5. They all claim to be "foreign-owned" (and only China-Tesol is owned by an Australian)
6. All of them are blacklisted by existing China foreign teachers working in China at these web sites:
Over the last two weeks of doing my due diligence on China jobs, I learned so much that I decided to go work in in Singapore instead! Not only is the pay double but the scams are less than half of China. So if you are planning to go work in China, I suggest you do some serious homework first or you will have have some serious and costly risks to deal with.
Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.
Find Your Foreign Sweetheart Now! Try our international Dating Sites and Overseas Romance Tours!
I've heard HORRRIBBBBBLLLLLEEEEE things about both China-Tesol and Helen TEFL China...which is based in Hangzhou. Friends tell me their basically criminal organizations masquerading as legitimate recruiters (and being protected by corrupt Chinese Communist government officials), which is all you need to know about those companies...
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests