Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Freelance SEO writing, my story...

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Cruxbot!

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:41 am

GenYguy wrote:I was trying to find a new summary tool when I kept getting the annoying message "this summary cannot be found" on smmary.com.

Turns out there are a LOT of these summarizing tools online. Stumbled on this little gem. http://www.maketecheasier.com/5-useful- ... es-online/ check it out, check out the other free summarizing websites if you get the message "this summary cannot be found" on any of the tools!

Unfortunately a couple of the tools seem to have disappeared now, but I'm sure glad I read the comments, because that's how I found out about cruxbot. This tool is AMAZING! http://www.cruxbot.com/

It's not just helpful for SEO writing, it's a good tool for helping to overcome information overload from this information age that we live in. Their beta version is free, do yourself a favor and check it out... It's useful for anyone who surfs the web for information. They explain how it works and all the features available better than I could.

For SEO writing purposes, it's pretty useful.. and convenient. It summarizes some articles/information (I say some because it doesn't do it for every article.. much to my annoyance, it doesn't do it for a lot of articles on Ezine, but I think it does for the longer ones), right from your browser. I downloaded it as an addon for Firefox. Was super easy.

For example, I needed to write an article related to plumbing. I went to the plumbing category on Ezine and found an interesting article there about fireplaces. This article was about 800 words. Cruxbot summary was almost 500 words after I focused the summary on the word "fireplace" (it actually highlights all of the important information in the summary AND the article in your browser). My article was right in front of me. All I had to do was use the information laid out here http://greatleapstudios.com/blog/copywr ... -websites/ to make it unique, rewriting ideas, not content... because every idea that you can imagine already exists, but great CONTENT for those ideas may not exist.. yet. And "great content" is subjective anyway, so you can always expect a demand for content in the future for old and new ideas. Being a writer can always be lucrative...

On a related note, this article was also kind of helpful. Not so much for me, but for people who are just starting a career in writing it might be beneficial. Few helpful tips about writing quickly. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/tips-trick ... ssionally/

Considering how much I actually write, I am going to check into this deeper tonight. I do like writing the things I like the most so I would like to apply SEO to those topics.

Thanks for updating this thread and good luck with your future success.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:34 pm

I will try this when I finish here in China and go back to the States. Just freelancing the way I was was netting me about as little pay as possible. This looks much easier considering the much higher pay. Really, all it looks like is about 1-3 month learning curve and then it is mostly smooth sailing. And clients are potentially unlimited as long as you keep sending out emails it looks like.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cruxbot!

Postby GenYguy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:45 am

djfourmoney wrote:
GenYguy wrote:I was trying to find a new summary tool when I kept getting the annoying message "this summary cannot be found" on smmary.com.

Turns out there are a LOT of these summarizing tools online. Stumbled on this little gem. http://www.maketecheasier.com/5-useful- ... es-online/ check it out, check out the other free summarizing websites if you get the message "this summary cannot be found" on any of the tools!

Unfortunately a couple of the tools seem to have disappeared now, but I'm sure glad I read the comments, because that's how I found out about cruxbot. This tool is AMAZING! http://www.cruxbot.com/

It's not just helpful for SEO writing, it's a good tool for helping to overcome information overload from this information age that we live in. Their beta version is free, do yourself a favor and check it out... It's useful for anyone who surfs the web for information. They explain how it works and all the features available better than I could.

For SEO writing purposes, it's pretty useful.. and convenient. It summarizes some articles/information (I say some because it doesn't do it for every article.. much to my annoyance, it doesn't do it for a lot of articles on Ezine, but I think it does for the longer ones), right from your browser. I downloaded it as an addon for Firefox. Was super easy.

For example, I needed to write an article related to plumbing. I went to the plumbing category on Ezine and found an interesting article there about fireplaces. This article was about 800 words. Cruxbot summary was almost 500 words after I focused the summary on the word "fireplace" (it actually highlights all of the important information in the summary AND the article in your browser). My article was right in front of me. All I had to do was use the information laid out here http://greatleapstudios.com/blog/copywr ... -websites/ to make it unique, rewriting ideas, not content... because every idea that you can imagine already exists, but great CONTENT for those ideas may not exist.. yet. And "great content" is subjective anyway, so you can always expect a demand for content in the future for old and new ideas. Being a writer can always be lucrative...

On a related note, this article was also kind of helpful. Not so much for me, but for people who are just starting a career in writing it might be beneficial. Few helpful tips about writing quickly. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/tips-trick ... ssionally/

Considering how much I actually write, I am going to check into this deeper tonight. I do like writing the things I like the most so I would like to apply SEO to those topics.

Thanks for updating this thread and good luck with your future success.

You're welcome! The most important thing is becoming a better writer. I have always gotten good feedback on my articles from my clients, so I guess I was a decent writer from the start. BUT, I still have much room for improvement. I need to work on writing faster because I'm getting more work now and I can't just take my sweet time anymore lol. To make $1000-1500 a month, you need to be able to write about 75 400-500 word articles per month. With most companies I've dealt with, they typically pay $20 per article. This appears to be the standard nowadays... This makes it imperative to write these articles quickly to see a good income potential. On average, you'd have to write 2.5 articles a day. If it takes you hours to do one article, you'll be in trouble.

The article on writing fast and professionally has some good advice.. As I've gotten more practice writing articles, I've been relying less on the old tools I used. Cruxbot actually has an annoying daily quota for summary generations, so I can't rely on it. If they had a paid version to get rid of that I would consider it, but it doesn't appear they do. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.

Yeah if you like to write a lot.. this is the perfect part time or full time business! No startup costs, a little work up front, and then you wait for the work to roll in. Seriously, my biggest client, I emailed them and didn't get a response back from them for a month! Out of the blue I get an email from them and they were looking for a content writer! That never would have happened if I didn't send out email after email. Hard work, and patience, is the key... And life is full of surprises.

The SEO part is simple. Just include the main keyword a few times, even a couple times is fine.. the most important part is that the article reads well, because Google takes this into consideration also. The more you can use a keyword as long as you keep the density at 4-5%, the better I think... as long as you include it at least a couple times the client should be happy.

As long as it's well written of course.. being a good content writer means being able to extract new ideas and write them in your own words. If you're good enough, you can extract ideas from more than 1 article and write them all out in one article so it all fits together under 500 words. Working on doing this faster is my goal. I still review this article http://greatleapstudios.com/blog/copywr ... -websites/ because it's so damn helpful.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby KokujinKrusader » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:08 pm

My primary source for finding freelance writing work has dried up. I think that I will wade through this thread to try to find more alternatives.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad