Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone have a profitable website?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Anyone have a profitable website?

Postby chanta76 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 pm

I been checking out the warriorforum and trying to see if I can get into online business . Right now I work in real estate but like to do something else. Wondering if anyone is actually making money online.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:05 am

There's a thread in General Discussions right now from a guy claiming to pull $400 a day with a website. Maybe you could ask him...

But seriously, if you can find a niche, or buy a profitable existing site, it could work I guess. I haven't gotten around to doing a site. I would avoid blogging unless it is what you really love. I make just a tiny amount online, all from my writing.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 am

Sure. Just ask these guys here. They are making a killing online. lol

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=23709
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby xiongmao » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm

It's VERY hard these days. If I was starting out now, I'd focus on building my career and building a cash warchest in readiness to go bargain hunting in the next economic downturn.

If you're geeky, buy a Raspberry PI and start learning how to create the internet of things.

But back to websites, and in the last month I've had a load of sh1t to deal with:

1. Hacker targets my forum and I nearly get chucked off of Hostgator.
2. Permanently banned from PayPal for not realising they changed their rules regarding dating sites in 2011.
3. Fraudster steals my forum and sets up a clone of my forum but using THEIR affiliate links!

I wonder if Winston has to firefight similar issues?
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

xiongmao wrote:2. Permanently banned from PayPal for not realising they changed their rules regarding dating sites in 2011.

Just out of interest, what changes were those?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad