Fill in Gaps on Your Resume

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Fill in Gaps on Your Resume

Post by MrMan »

They say large gaps on you resume do not look good to employers. Maybe it looks like you got fired. I've worked contract jobs that expired. I've also not renewed at a job that did not suit me (teaching kindergarten and Pre-K.)

Here is something you can do to fill in a gap on your resume when you are unemployed. Start a small business. If you are in the US, register it with the state as a sole proprietership or LLC. You can do whatever... sell t-shirts at events, sell water bottles on the side of the road, sell food, do side gigs for someone else. Do some business activity and describe it on your resume.

I had two businesses to put on my resume the last time I was unemployed. One made me nothing. The other made little. I was hurting for cash, but I was the CEO. I could put 'manager' and just follow the legal title required for the LLC.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fill in Gaps on Your Resume

Post by Cornfed »

You'd still want some kind of reference for that time.
lakerkolya2
Freshman Poster

Post by lakerkolya2 »

Is there a programme that can automatically make a CV look good?
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

There are tons of programs like that these days and there are even professional services which do that for you.
I also often hire someone to write a research paper for me https://academized.com/writing-services ... arch-paper and use the spare time for preparation to exams or for some extra work. Those assignments take way too much time and i don't see how does it help me to get smarter.