Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Website about Offshore Investment Opportunities

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Website about Offshore Investment Opportunities

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Offshore Banking, International Finance, Investment & Savings

Investment International is the leading offshore personal finance magazine for the British and international private investor.
Each month Investment International covers topics such as Wealth Management, Banking, Investment, Tax, Healthcare and International Property Investment; providing readers with in-depth analysis and expert views, which enable them to make informed decisions when managing their portfolios and banking arrangements.

For a limited time only we are giving away FREE example copies of this exclusive offshore banking, international finance and investment & savings magazine.

Register today to get your example copy direct to your home or office.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Site Admin

Postby icarus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:42 pm

On a somewhat similar vein, I heard from my former boss that some people are making a killing in investing in Formosa real estate? Is the market pretty hot over there?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Freshman Poster

Postby tom » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Some are hawking gold as a safe investment because they are saying the dollar is going to fall etc. I think this is a lot of BS. I am not worried about this risk.
At any rate I am looking at one of the real risk to my money. And one of the much more real risk is the US government seizes your assets for what ever reason, this is very real possibility and could happen to you. In fact it happens all the time. The US incarcerates more people than any other country on earth and the first thing they do is seize your assets. So the question is how can I protect myself from this risk. I am approaching this more as a form of insurance like auto insurance. You don't want to wreck but you never know what could happen tomorrow. You never know some chick can say you a a pervert with no evidence and the government seize your assets. Who would have ever though something like VAWA would become law. Who knows what the next nutty law will be. At any rate I do want to do something about this in the future.

I am thinking of Hong Kong any comments?
Freshman Poster

Re: Taiwan

Postby momopi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:54 am

icarus wrote:On a somewhat similar vein, I heard from my former boss that some people are making a killing in investing in Formosa real estate? Is the market pretty hot over there?

In short, Taiwan's RE market is profitable to flippers in the right time/place. It's not profitable in cashflow (rental) investment.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad