Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis

Postby Winston » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 am

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Site Admin

Postby YoucancallmeAl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Uh, wow,...ok. That's 8 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
So I guess the takeaway here is that there are NO jobs for Americans in the Philippines driving taxis.

What about this?:
Has anyone read/purchased this guidebook?
Freshman Poster

Postby wuxi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 pm

Maybe these guys should have bought a trike instead of a taxi. I know a guy in Cebu that makes 300 pesos($7) a day driving a trike.
Freshman Poster

Postby YoucancallmeAl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Hmmm, that's about $210 a month. I hope he has time left for additional income sources. Does it take him all day to amass that $7?
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am

Just teach English online - google Online ESL Teachers Wanted and get paid through Or when you go there, google " jobs, philippines", then in all those sites, in the search window, google Native English ESL teachers wanted. You will get a few opportunities with Korean schools many of which only care if you are a native speaker. That's all.
The pay? some USD 700-1200 a month.
There you go. This is how you make a living in the Philippines.
Driving taxis my a##!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jcris7 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Hell yes Winston!!!! This is awesome! I might as well import my 2004 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor to the Phils and run a taxi service!!!! Rather than to just let my car sit at home in the US, take it with me and put it to good use! Haha...its an option, just not sure how viable.

This one looks EXACTLY like mine (same color, everything) ... 99ae48.jpg

Freshman Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Filipinos may like Americans who spend money. But when it comes to Americans trying to eke out a subsistence, they can't be bothered. Moreover, I doubt they have a work permit for this type of activity. So they will likely be harassed, extorted, and/or deported by local police if they keep this up for any length of time.

Meanwhile, here in oriental-land (Taiwan), I could easily and legally make over US$2,000 driving a taxi as long as I did it full time and had my own car.

These guys are young and look good. They could do so much better (financially and socially) in many other parts of Asia.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad