Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Philippines - Job potential for Fitness & Personal Train

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Philippines - Job potential for Fitness & Personal Train

Postby manly5000 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:17 am

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of potential there is for Expats who are into fitness, bodybuilding, and personal training to find money-making opportunities to live in the Philippines?

I'm trying to figure out how to relocate, how I could make it work. I have lots of IT experience but only an Associates Degree and some certification. Not sure if I could land a good IT job.

Besides, I love bodybuilding and fitness more anyways. Is there any good opportunities to make a good living in the Phils in the fitness industry?

To me it's a dream to be involved in the fitness industry in a tropical paradise like the Phils.

Looking forward to your thoughts!!
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:50 am

Have not see too many gringos doing that but then again where there is a will, there is a way. You may want to advertise yourself in expat and other newspapers there as looking for a job. Something should come up and eventually work permits/visas will fall into place.
A typical scenario for most people is that they will spend a couple of months searching and then they find something either in their field of close. The main problem then will be small salaries. Most will be some $1000 a month +/1 and then some 15-25% tax -+.

Start by googling

Sports trainer fitness trainer wanted Philippines and prospect for jobs.

Then, do not discount becoming a free lance online trainer through Skype or something to Americans/Westerners while they are in their countries. People do that. ... +bodybuild

This would be so much better than spending week after week looking for $1000 a month jobs in the Philippines.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad