Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Postby Globus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 am

Hello! This is my first post and i though i should introduce myself. I am a male of eastern European origin living in Canada. My parents decided to move to Canada when I was only 12. When I moved to Canada i left behind all my friends. Coming to Canada was a painful experience for me. I never really made any true friends in Canada and girls here never liked me or showed interest in me since I am eastern european. I am in University now and it has been almost 7 years since I moved to Canada and I have very few friends and never had a girlfriend. When I was living in my home country I had a lot of friends and I also knew some girls that liked me but unfortunately all that changed when my parents decided to move to Canada. I have noticed that a lot of people on this site dislike American culture and women, but all I can say is that Canada is really no better than America when it comes to social life, dating and mental health. Canada is a multicultural and career focused country and because of that is very cliquish and antisocial. Making friends here is very difficult if there are no people of your nationality or race living here. Unless you belong to a specific clique, you can pretty much say goodbye to your social and dating life in Canada. Meeting women in Canada is really difficult just like in America. Canadian women are stuck up,cold, don't flirt, act like they don't need men because they are taught to be independent and they also act very masculine. They also never show any interest and ignore all men that are not in their clique. I have noticed that Canadian and American women in general don't like males of eastern european and asian origin. Since I am an eastern european male I have to go back to my home country in the future to find a girl that likes me because Canadian ones ignore me and don't like me in general. In my opinion Canada and America are very antisocial and all that matters is working, consuming, and being useful and productive. Canada and America are very anti male and pro female. Also approaching women in Canada is very awkward unless they are in your clique. Flirting is also considered taboo in Canada and you can get charged with sexual harassment if you do so. I can't wait to finish University here and go back home. Sorry for the long post but I though I should introduce myself.
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 am

Understandable, you should go back to your home country to find a woman , you'll be better for it.

Welcome aboard.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 am

Welcome to the forum.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Andrewww » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 am

This almost sounds like me...are you by any chance some kind of twin brother of mine ? Where do you live ? We might be able to meet up and talk about what's wrong with dating in Canada.
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 am

Amen to that. Canadians are polite and low key, and more health conscious. But socially they are cliquish and cold, kind of like Scandinavians or people in the Pacific Northwest USA. But of course, you are not allowed to say this in Canada.

Why did your parents move there? How did they get the visa for you? Do you have a green card or citizenship there? After 5 years, a US immigrant can apply for US citizenship. You can use a Canadian citizenship to travel the world.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Site Admin

Postby have2fly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 am

What country are you originally from? I am from Ukraine and happily discovered the same things, it feels much better once you know the problem is not you. Moving back can be difficult though, make sure you go to your home country a few times before you consider what you want to do. It may be better to find a girl and bring her to Canada. However, that only helps your family life and does nothing for your social life and getting real friends.

Unfortunately, Eastern Europe is changing as well. Large cities are becoming very American and fake, younger generation is hooked on Facebook and Twitter. However, people still make eye contact, joke around and have amazing parties, just like good old days.

Welcome ;)
Junior Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 am

Welcome to the forum Globus. I have heard other guys say the same thing about Canada, that the women are unfriendly and anti-social. It sounds a lot like America.

Also, as you said in Canada, flirting is not allowed. The same thing is true in the USA. If you flirt with a woman at work, you could get fired because of sexual harassment!

Your smart to want to travel back to your home country. You are more likely to meet a good woman there than you are in Canada. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Globus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

I think my parents moved here so I could get a degree from a Canadian university. I also have a Canadian passport.
Freshman Poster

Postby terminator » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 am

You could try an Asian country for a wife if you're attracted to them. How will you life in your home country - wages are low, jobs are scarce, or do you have family there to help you - e.g. grandma?
Junior Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself