Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

I'm leaving Silicon Valley before it destroys me completely.

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
MrMan
Veteran Poster

Re: I'm leaving Silicon Valley before it destroys me complet

Post by MrMan » September 21st, 2017, 4:02 am

ineedurbanism wrote:Yeah they are very high in demand though and way more dudes who come from rich families here. It's not enough that I make 160k/yr and have a graduate degree and actually studied pickup and buy nice clothes. Since I'm not a natural alpha male and I'm not tall I'm just treated like garbage here. I'd be happy with just one woman as well it's not like I need a p***y paradise. The one girl I'm talking to frankly treats me like shit. I've never been treated this badly by women in my life prior to moving here. It's beyond denigrating.
If you don't see yourself long-term with this girl, are you going to drag it out and continue dating her? There are women who just may respect and appreciate you out there.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Indonesia, and I haven't seen a lot of this women treating men badly thing in that country. Single women in their 20's long for a man to marry them, and the influence of feminism is very slight and whole philosophy just doesn't take root.

What do you do in IT? If you work in developing websites or software, the developing economies in Asia need people with those skillsets. You could probably also develop a rather large company in some of the budding Asian economies by imitating the niches that American online companies have filled. One of the large online retailers in Indonesia Bukalapak, has an inferior website to US companies doing the same thing, IMO. If you create a start up a country and do things better, your company may be very successful. There are also niches in these economies. GOjek has grown very large, meeting the local need, first of all, to call motorcycle 'taxis' for transportation, and later for food delivery, massage brought to the door, UBER car like services, etc.