Hello from a guy with a similar background to Winston

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
hornyabc
Freshman Poster

Hello from a guy with a similar background to Winston

Post by hornyabc »

Hey everyone! I don't remember how I exactly stumbled onto Winston's website, but I'm just glad I did. I'm also a Chinese guy, born and raised in the US and share a similar background to Winston. In fact, if he were still in the US, we'd only be a few cities apart in California.

I've only been abroad to a few places: Canada, China and Hong Kong, so I still have many more places to explore. But just from those few travels, my eyes were also opened and I saw that the US isn't this "land of opportunity" that we were all taught growing up to be. In school and in various jobs, I often felt like an outsider and didn't belong. Granted, I didn't get ridiculed quite as bad as Winston did, but I certainly didn't feel like "part of them."

In the dating world I certainly was on the same boat though. I only had one girlfriend, who was also a Chinese girl. She was a nice girl, and kind of cute... but by no means was considered attractive. I had to "settle" for her because I couldn't score any better looking girls.
When in Hong Kong and China, I just fit right in and it felt great just being "average" or "normal" to the majority of the people there. It was so refreshing! Also it was great to see girls looking at me and smiling, even ones who were walking with their boyfriends. That rarely ever happens to me here except from much older, fatter and scary looking women!

However, being that I'm just finishing school, I still have to save up money before I can do more traveling. The Bohemian lifestyle sounds great on paper, but you still have to be able to survive... so I'm still trying to figure out how to do that for now.

For those of you who have traveled or moved abroad, how are you able to do it?
Sorry for such along post. It's pretty late here, 4am... maybe I should edit this tomorrow when I'm more awake. :)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hi and welcome aboard! I am glad you found this discussion forum, you will find lively and stimulating conversation here, if not my avatar should be "stimulating" enough!
hornyabc
Freshman Poster

Post by hornyabc »

Haha yes, thank you. Your avatar rocks! Who's that model by the way?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

hornyabc wrote:Haha yes, thank you. Your avatar rocks! Who's that model by the way?
I don't know who she is, I found her on a website that has sexy females that you can use as avatars.
hornyabc
Freshman Poster

Post by hornyabc »

Oh darn... oh well. Here's hoping we can find a few girls like that in Russia. :)

By the way, Chicago huh? I haven't been there before but I'd like to visit some day. Is it as crazy and dangerous as I've heard? :D By the way, are you currently in Chicago or are you somewhere in Asia living it up? :D
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

hornyabc wrote:Oh darn... oh well. Here's hoping we can find a few girls like that in Russia. :)

By the way, Chicago huh? I haven't been there before but I'd like to visit some day. Is it as crazy and dangerous as I've heard? :D By the way, are you currently in Chicago or are you somewhere in Asia living it up? :D
I am currently in the Chicago area (suburbs) although I wish was in the Philippines or the Ukraine meeting hot chicks. Chicago is actually a pretty safe city although there are certain neighborhoods you don't want to be in after dark.