Out of the Matrix, looking into being happier abroad.

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
shawnberwick
Freshman Poster

Out of the Matrix, looking into being happier abroad.

Post by shawnberwick »

Hi guys,

I've dipped in and out of both Winston's videos and the forum on and off for years, but it's only in the next few years that I'll realistically be able to pursue more happiness abroad.

I share a lot of sentiments and experiences of Winston; not fitting in (though I'm in the UK), a distrust of mainstream narratives, and a belief in immaterialism.

This year has result in a dramatic shift for me philosophically, and I've become basically existentialist in my outlook. I'm also hopeful that crypto is going to give me the financial freedom that I need to pursue a life of psychological freedom. It's been a long road in terms of mental, physical, and financial health (I'm almost 40) but I believe now I'm the right path to a fulfilling life.

I'm looking for a place abroad where I can find long term friendships, and also romance. (Though friendship is more important to me.) I'm thinking of Thailand and the Philippines because that is where aging western bachelors and misfits seem to congregate to look for a better life.

Bless.