Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Difficulty of obtaining citizenship in Asia?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't think it is possible to become a citizen of places like China, Japan, and Korea, unless you are ethnically 'one of them.' So if you are of Asian ancestry and are a Westerner, I think you could have a chance. It is actually very easy to get a residence permit for China, but for 1 year at a time. This is what ESL teachers get. Simply come on a Z visa and then your employer will get you a 1 year residence permit. Resigning at ESL jobs or finding another one is very easy, so that's one way. You would only have to take care of it once a year. Probably the same with many countries.

I think Cambodia has an investment residence program, if I recall correctly. For the Philippines, I think marriage is the easiest way to residency. And it is Westerner friendly too.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ph » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Taiwan is possible to become a citizen. But its not to say its easy to become one.

Though if I had to choose between these 4 (china, japan, korea or taiwan), taiwan would work okay for PR. high quality of life, standard of living and cleanliness beats china al together. I even longed to be out of china.
ph
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to Visas, Immigration, Citizenship Issues