Interesting Developments in Canada

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Interesting Developments in Canada

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

The federal government announced that it is revising an immigration policy. Under the new policy, if a woman or man marries a Canadian, and the marriage fails in two years or less, the foreign spouse
will be deported. The anti-mail-bride contingent in Canada are calling this a step backwards, because in their view it means more foreign women will be in abusive marriages. I fail to see how this could be the case. If the husband
is abusive, the wife always has the option of leaving, and getting assistance from the authorities in leaving. She just won't be able to stay in Canada unless she can prove the marriage was bona fide.

I call the policy a huge step forward, because it will stop foreign women from marrying Canadian men just so they can get Canadian citizenship. In particular, what it also means is that if the woman abandons her
Canadian husband within two years of landing (it's usually sooner), the marriage effectively is annulled, and the immigration authorities can move to remove her from the country. This new policy will also stop
foreign brides from abandoning their husbands and going underground to evade authorities so they can collect welfare.

A win for Canadian men who marry foreign brides in good faith, and a win for taxpayers who usually have to foot the bill when marriage fraud occurs.

A definitive answer on the policy is to follow later this month.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

This is a potentially big win for Men in Canada. Luckily, the Minister suggesting this rule change is a Man, and knows the stunts foreign women pull to stay in Canada when they see the benefits to being female and living here. Most foreign spouses in Canada are women. It would be rare for a Canadian woman to marry a foreign man and live here. A lot of the Canadian men looking for foreign spouses might have themselves only recently got citizenship here, and realized Canada is a good place to make money and get good health care, but for mental health and dating it is as bad as the USA.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

Will N. Dowd wrote:This is a potentially big win for Men in Canada. Luckily, the Minister suggesting this rule change is a Man, and knows the stunts foreign women pull to stay in Canada when they see the benefits to being female and living here. Most foreign spouses in Canada are women. It would be rare for a Canadian woman to marry a foreign man and live here. A lot of the Canadian men looking for foreign spouses might have themselves only recently got citizenship here, and realized Canada is a good place to make money and get good health care, but for mental health and dating it is as bad as the USA.
Now if the Tories would just do something about our anti-male courts, schools and society too, I would be an even happier camper. The pendulum has swung too far in favour of women. It's time to bring it back into a position of balance.
Michalhassi
Freshman Poster

Post by Michalhassi »

It is great rule developed by Canadian Govt. many people take advantage of marriage for getting Canadian citizenship. They consider it is the simple way to make better future in Canada. They do marriage and get green card then give divorce.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

I am 100% supportive of this law. Maybe foreign bitches will start acting right and focus on their marriage. Personally, I think the threshold should be a bit higher, BUT, BUT . . . I'm willing to see what happens with this two-year thing. Hopefully the crooked ones don't mess it up for the whole lot who are trying to be decent wives.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.