Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

How is the process to acquire "Capacity to marry" paperwork for marriage in Philippines?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Horahngee
Freshman Poster

How is the process to acquire "Capacity to marry" paperwork for marriage in Philippines?

Post by Horahngee » June 22nd, 2018, 2:45 am

Hey guys,....been a while since I have been here at HA.

Busy with work and relocation (to a new part of town in the US).

I am now here in the PI, getting engaged to my GF.

Her dad, my GF and I stopped by the city municipal building this morning to inquire about getting a marriage certificate/license.

The lady at the city hall building told me that one of the requirements for a marriage license, since I am a foreigner and a US citizen, is to acquire a "capacity to marriage" paperwork from the US Embassy.

Is this a complicated process? Do I have to make reservation to visit the US Embassy in Manila?
Any US citizen here who got married in the Philippines to a Filipina, let me know what you guys had to provide upon visiting the US Embassy.

I don't think I have time to visit the US Embassy in Manila while I am here this time. I am in northern parts of the PI, and it takes six-eight hours to drive from here to Manila. The available days that I see on the US Embassy website calendar are only in July,...when i will already be returning back to the US.

I guess I will have to visit the US Embassy the next time I visit the PI.