Will Euro 2012 ruin Ukraine?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
mammoths
Freshman Poster

Will Euro 2012 ruin Ukraine?

Post by mammoths »

I am tempted to go and live [and lust!] in Ukraine for a while, but, I hear on the grapevine [well, PUA sites] [no more brackets, I swear] that the Euro 2012 football or soccer tournament will ruin Ukraine.

That It will somehow change and taint the people by exposure to western idiots and money. Any opinions?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

As a relatively recent football (soccer) convert, I really want to go to a Euro or World Cup tournament some day. I wanted to go to South Africa in 2008, but I had other plans. Dude, if you have a chance to go to Ukraine, I would definitely take my chances. Afterall, what's better in life than football, beer, and women. As for Euro 2012 tainting the Ukraine, it probably will happen so why not go before things start to change?
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Post by provocateur »

I have never been to one of these Euro football events events (yes, my ignorant opinion), but how much could it really change the whole country? It's only for one month.

I am going to Ukraine in June though, and I have learned it just so happens to be during Euro 2012. I can take or leave the football events, but I really don't know the positive or negative effects this will have on my vacation, particularly in Kiev.