Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What to send in a care package ?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What to send in a care package ?

Postby Kapinga626 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Soon , I'll be sending a Balikbayan box to the P.I. via LBC .
I've done this many times over the years , but I've never tried sending food items . I was thinking of sending some canned goods like corned beef , tuna , maybe spam etc.

I try to be very practical in what I send , as I don't want my nieces to sell off things they don't want / can't use .
I don't just ask them by phone because their English is not very good , & also my hearing is shot .

So - regarding canned food , what do Filipinos like to eat ?
" I rang'd the world , I cross'd the seas,
in hopes my restless breast to ease,
By pleasures yet unknown :

To all amusements I have run ,
that's found beneath the daily sun;
Till weary I have grown . "

- Samuel Patterson a poor , lowly sailor circa 1800's
Kapinga626
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm

They like eating junk food, especially American junk food. Try to find stuff that they don't have there, like twinkies, candy corn, milk duds, delicious breads, sloppy joe meat sauce, etc.
Last edited by Winston on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Mr S » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Ha, ha, yeah, just include any kind of processed garbage food you can find in a bag or package that one would normally eat on Halloween or at an American movie theater. Think about what kind of crap people would put in their snack bowls for cook outs or a Super Bowl party, Flips would probably go for any of that shit. If it has artificial colors, sweeteners, sugars or HFCS, than it's a go!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice