Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Problems with lack of education and proper income

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Join the military or go for the education

Join the military
go for the teaching credential
Go for A woman despite the situation and choice
Total votes : 8

Postby MrPeabody » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Think Different wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:I wouldn't even consider the French Foreign Legion unless you actually meet someone who has done it and knows what he is talking about. The army can be a brutal place and you are agreeing to fight and die on command if necessary. That being said, there are a small minority of men with the right psychological makeup that might benefit from the experience.

He said he had an inner warrior that needed to get out, so I took him at his word. And for the record, French women, French food, and the French language are awesome. You've never really made love until a French girl doused in nice perfume, wearing nice lingerie is whispering in your ear in French, while you're going at it.

Getting French citizenship sounds like a really sweet deal. But, I would investigate the details to see if there are any catches. For the right young man who really wants to live in Europe, it could be a viable option. Maybe I have seen to many 1930s movies where the foreign legion was typecast as a band of misfits. I didn't know French women had a good opinion of them.
Experienced Poster

Postby MarkDY » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am

I met two great women in Bogota. Both are smart, attractive and have good jobs. Both hate Colombian men. Both would be more than happy if I moved in with them.
Maybe one route is to find a good foriegn woman, move to her country and marry her.
Freshman Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:03 pm

It kills me to say this, but I'm too honest to lie about credentials, and though I regard my self as intelligent, that sure has no contrast to educated, as I regard both as separate things.

Moving in with with a lady would be great, if I was a super model. I'm in shape, but I don't exactly have a 8 pack and I'm sure at one point she'll want me to provide something to the relationship, not to mention though not directly agents moving in, I maintain old school morals and wouldn't be putting out, that would be a bad complication hahah.

Teaching English seems to be the only way out, besides the online jobs mentioned, but I'm not too sure where to go or how to go about that, I'd be willing to learn though.

The reason I jumped to english teacher is I've always had a fascination with japan in all aspects really, not to mention I love the women >.> but that's another story, one doesn't have to live in japan to win a Japanese girl over, but it sure helps.

I've even gone as far as to attempt to learn a little japanese, but I'm no natural that's for sure, and honestly I might have to change my plans as that's a hard place to try and migrate to.

I don't fear going in to another country, I really regard my self as a bit fearless, I just don't have the resources.

Right now all I've mannaged to save up in my bank account is about 2500$

I was saving that up for a motorcycle to save on gas....but the crazy side of me wants to use it to travel, or even....vagabond and get out of country experience, but that comes with a multitude of problems.

I can't really just ditch my job, as I'm a manager, but on the flip side it merits me nothing to sit still and gain zero experience.

Hell I've even thought about attempting to be a police officer, put my self through a police academy with the money I've saved, but that wont necessarily land you a job, and it sure as hell wont get me out of the U.S.
Junior Poster

Postby newlife » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:48 pm

The poorer the country, the better off you are. Now, that's being truthful. A woman in Bangladesh, Laos, Niger making sh*t per hour will be soooo glad to marry you. Doesn't matter if she is Muslim, Buhdist, Christian, whatever. If you are foreign, that is almost as good as a high income. It makes you exotic in their eyes. A $9 an hour man in some of these countries is good money believe it or not! :shock:
Freshman Poster

Re: Problems with lack of education and proper income

Postby newlife » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 pm

magnum wrote:I've lurked on these forums on and off, and I've taken a lot of the advice on here to heart, I'm sure some of you guys have seen the few posts I've made before.

My problem is, I'm stuck working a low income dead end job, and I'm no educated, I've never had any experience with college so I'm coming to the end of the road here.

My current job is as a supplement store manager, I don't even get paid enough for the job, I make 9$ a hour, I work 10 hours a day, 4 days out of the week....

Needless to say I don't make enough money.

I was originally interested in finding a girl from another country I even consulted a few guys on here about where to go, and I was directed to a few good websites, though I think I need to go to that country my self honestly.

Point being is, even if I was to find a girl, I think my current situation is vary unfair to bring a woman in to, sure her situation might not be much better depending on the country she's from, and she might not even look at it the same way.... but I feel as though if I can't afford to support us both on my own wage, and my job security isn't that great, what kind of person would I be to drag a girl in to that.

I've avoided the military for a long time now, not because I don't want to be a military man, but I knew I would never meet the kind of woman i want in the military, but I'm coming to the point now where I might not have a choice, and I'm in fear for my future with a woman if I do join, as I don't think I'll be able to be a proper husband to any girl wile being part of the army/navy not to mention waist the remaining amount of my youth serving a country I don't even like, with a zero chance of meeting the kind of girl I'd like to be with.

So my question for you guys is, what would you do if you're a non-patrotic guy, with no education (though I was going to try and get a 4 year teaching credential out of the way as quickly as possible) do at this point.

I should have been born 500 years ago, I have a warriors heart, I just don't have the country I live in within my heart, I know I need to do something that isn't behind a desk, something with meaning and feeling where I'm active, so the military is attractive in that aspect to me, but it has so many negatives.

Join the military or tuff it out get a teaching credential and make a go of it in another country, I was thinking japan, but you already have to get a rather large bank roll before jumping on a plain.

I don't see much hope for my future right now, a life time ago I was a 300 fat 22 year old with a dream of being in shape and getting a girl friend, now I'm a 26 year old in decent shape guy wondering why I even bothered, if I had only known money was more important then my personal fitness in getting a woman I might have focused on school, though on the flip side, i wouldn't undo what I've accomplished, and I rather live longer and uneducated then die with knowledge, but that's just me.

This is mostly a recap of the subjects I've posted about on here, but It was on my mind and I need more input, I've had a few of you guys give me really good information, so thanks guys.

I made a poll out of it, I figured why not, a fast way to get opinions.

Man, look at Steve Jobs. The guy made Apple into the largest company on earth from nothing in the 90's. Apple should have been nothing. But he kept going...

Don't give up.
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice