The store I manage is going down, fast...

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
magnum
Junior Poster

The store I manage is going down, fast...

Post by magnum »

So I'm a manager of a supplement store, though a dead end job, title of manager wasn't exactly a bad deal, and I've learned a few good things to add to my experience, but that ride is almost over.

My boss came in today more or less telling me if sales don't go up the store is shutting down in a month.

I honestly don't think even with a managers experience I can find a job....I mean one worth having anyway, if it's available I'll work it, I've worked in a concrete query before shoveling wet cement off of the ground before it dried up, in 108+ heat, so I'm not afraid to work, I'm scared of being in a dead end job that I'll never be able to support a wife in, and I'm a little old to not have a least a foot hold financially.

I have about 2700$ saved up, that wont go vary far, and was intended for a motorcycle, but why buy a bike if I can't fill it with gas...

So that leaves me with a few options.

I've had this opportunity to teach english in japan to kids, it doesn't pay anything, but the flight food and housing are all paid for, and if I live cheaply enough I might be able to save some of the food allowance money, maybe even get a few private tutoring lessions in to get a few extra yen.

but with possible radiation lvls that's iffy, as I've heard opinions on both sides of the "it's safe" to "it's Chernobyl x3" but I'm willing to risk it MAYBE.

I would have to quit my job sooner then the store shuts down, as the cut off date is oct for the job.

Another option is to say screw it and go vagabonding to phillipines and thailand and spend all my savings and gain a life experience I've been cheated out of my entire life, I was homescrewed aka home schooled, never went to college so I've had a vary inclosed social setting and would love to break free before I'm 30 years old and my younger youth days are over.

Or what everyone in this site as told me NOT to do is join the navy be a master at arms and get shipped to japan, but even I know better then to sell my ass to a government/country I don't believe in.

I'm at a loss, as I'm sick of living with my parents, nothing much to do with them, though watching my mother melt away in american woman fashion wile maintaining femanazie lock on my father doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

I just don't feel like a real man if I'm stuck at home still, but that could be american brain washing too I guess, but I'm 26, that's WAY too old to be with mom and dad.

I'm in fear of never evolving enough as man to even merit having a wife, partially why I never fully had taken advantage of any online dating sites, I'm just not stable enough to think about that at this point in my life even though my desire to share my life with someone is at a all time high, not to mention I'm staying a virgin until I get married so...it sucks x2.

Personally I'm a vary disciplined person, I just haven't focused power down a road that would lead me to employment, I've worked wonders with my fitness, but that wont land me a job.

This is like the 3erd topic I've made like this, sorry if it comes off as spam, but the situation evolved so I figured it merited a new topic.

A few guys mentioned online teaching, though I have no experience doing anything like that, winging it could be a vary bad experience, but I'm not too shabby at public speaking.

I was talking with a customer the other day speaking about high risk trucking in iraq, he said they pay you a crap load of money, but you could be shot, thought about getting a truckers license just to do that, I don't fear death or taking a life, I could go in to detail, but I rather just say I'm a scarey marksmen, and have the attitude to get my self out of a situation, maybe that's just trying to take the quick easy rout?

I need a job that will pay me high enough that's stable enough to generate experience to move up in the world, risk doesn't bother me, but instability pisses me off.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Hey magnum!

I want to say that DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT LIVING AT HOME! A person does what a person can with what they got. Don't beat yourself up about it. There are a lot of people, both your age and older, whom have to live at home for various reasons. Sure, it's really "manly" to live in your own place BUT the financial system imploding has really curtailed options for a lot of people, including yourself. It's hard to be "manly" IF you can't even find a job that can support yourself, let alone a family.
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: The store I mannage is going down, fast...

Post by E_Irizarry »

magnum wrote:So I'm a manager of a supplement store, though a dead end job, title of manager wasn't exactly a bad deal, and I've learned a few good things to add to my experience, but that ride is almost over.

My boss came in today more or less telling me if sales don't go up the store is shutting down in a month.

I honestly don't think even with a managers experience I can find a job....I mean one worth having anyway, if it's available I'll work it, I've worked in a concrete query before shoveling wet cement off of the ground before it dried up, in 108+ heat, so I'm not afraid to work, I'm scared of being in a dead end job that I'll never be able to support a wife in, and I'm a little old to not have a least a foot hold financially.

I have about 2700$ saved up, that wont go vary far, and was intended for a motorcycle, but why buy a bike if I can't fill it with gas...

I've had this opportunity to teach english in japan to kids, it doesn't pay anything, but the flight food and housing are all paid for, and if I live cheaply enough I might be able to save some of the food allowance money, maybe even get a few private tutoring lessions in to get a few extra yen.

but with possible radiation lvls that's iffy, as I've heard opinions on both sides of the "it's safe" to "it's Chernobyl x3" but I'm willing to risk it MAYBE.

I would have to quit my job sooner then the store shuts down, as the cut off date is oct for the job.

Another option is to say screw it and go vagabonding to phillipines and thailand and spend all my savings and gain a life experience I've been cheated out of my entire life, I was homescrewed aka home schooled, never went to college so I've had a vary inclosed social setting and would love to break free before I'm 30 years old and my younger youth days are over.

Or what everyone in this site as told me NOT to do is join the navy be a master at arms and get shipped to japan, but even I know better then to sell my ass to a government/country I don't believe in.

I'm at a loss, as I'm sick of living with my parents, nothing much to do with them, though watching my mother melt away in american woman fashion wile maintaining femanazie lock on my father doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

I just don't feel like a real man if I'm stuck at home still, but that could be american brain washing too I guess, but I'm 26, that's WAY too old to be with mom and dad.

I'm in fear of never evolving enough as man to even merit having a wife, partially why I never fully had taken advantage of any online dating sites, I'm just not stable enough to think about that at this point in my life even though my desire to share my life with someone is at a all time high, not to mention I'm staying a virgin until I get married so...it sucks x2.

Personally I'm a vary disciplined person, I just haven't focused power down a road that would lead me to employment, I've worked wonders with my fitness, but that wont land me a job.

This is like the 3erd topic I've made like this, sorry if it comes off as spam, but the situation evolved so I figured it merited a new topic.

A few guys mentioned online teaching, though I have no experience doing anything like that, winging it could be a vary bad experience, but I'm not too shabby at public speaking.

I was talking with a customer the other day speaking about high risk trucking in iraq, he said they pay you a crap load of money, but you could be shot, thought about getting a truckers license just to do that, I don't fear death or taking a life, I could go in to detail, but I rather just say I'm a scarey marksmen, and have the attitude to get my self out of a situation, maybe that's just trying to take the quick easy rout?

I need a job that will pay me high enough that's stable enough to generate experience to move up in the world, risk doesn't bother me, but instability pisses me off.
In some countries it's okay to stay at home with parents. They go ahead and there lives more than two to three generations under the same roof. Even in some societies, it's okay to meet and greet the parents and then go to the bedroom (I'm not mentioning which countries I know that are perfectly, of societal, and legally moral to do so).

You're right: it is some of the American brainwashing that a man cannot stay home with the parents, but that it's okay for the woman to stay home until she's married out of the house. :roll:
Some of that brainwashing goes right into the head of women that watch Oprah saying, "You're too goddamn grown to be living with me. I cannot get any f***ing privacy around here!"
Womanspeak translator: Society told me that it's not cool for a man to be a boy and that he should "man up" and give me my privacy so I can revisit my whorish nostalgia days by how much
validation I can get from these men out there that still want an old lady like me!".
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

magnum wrote:So I'm a manager of a supplement store, though a dead end job, title of manager wasn't exactly a bad deal, and I've learned a few good things to add to my experience, but that ride is almost over.

Yea, I run a business myself and it's pretty hard out here for some people. The thing is, the people who seem to have a hard time are people who have (or had) businesses that are not practical or rescission proof, and so, when the market turned to S***, their customers cut them out of their lives all together because their service was a luxury, where as, say, a car wash business will still be in business but see less customers; or something like repo man will see MORE business.

Also, on the other hand, many people are buying things online; such as supplements. The days of going to GNC or whatever store is over. All the good/rare stuff is online; like at this place: http://www.prohormoneforum.com/store/ or here: http://www.trueprotein.com/

What I do worry about is that there are less and less mom and pop stores. All I see are big banks on every corner and strip malls with corporate national chain stores inside that pay people peanuts and never hire any local venders because they are too cheap.

As far as moving out from your parents place, you should read this article: Census poverty report: In tough times Americans 'double up'

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... ng-up.html

Anyhow, in a nutshell, don't feel bad that you live with your parents, if you feel that bad at least cover the house bills and help out around the house, that should help you feel better about it, but other then that, just use the time to your advantage and think of some kind of way to hustle up money on the side if you have that ability otherwise looking for work overseas might be another option but you much research that carefully because you don't want to run into a worse situation because you did something out of desperation.

Lastly, don't measure yourself on how you THINK a woman would think of you. As long as you're a decent looking young guy who is clean and sanitary there ARE many girls on this planet who would take you as you are. The whole idea that a man has to have this and that (though it helps) BEFORE he gets married is a relatively new concept because in the past women married poor guys and they just worked together over the years to build the life that they wanted.

For example, my former best friend lived with his GF for 3-4 years in the girlfriends parents home. They were late 20's at the time and everybody was ok with it. My bud then later on made more money and moved out and got an apartment for the both of them; and now today a few years later they have 2 kids and they are married. Most likely they will stay together forever because they started from humble beginnings and created a solid bond because of that.

So if anything, you need to find a girl NOW, AS YOU ARE because if she's cool with your standard of living, at least you know she not with you for the money alone unless you live in Beverly hills or something. Just tell her from the beginning; "A YO! I live with my fokes but I'm working on getting out is that cool with you?!"
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on September 16th, 2011, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

E_Irizarry wrote:

In some countries it's okay to stay at home with parents. They go ahead and there lives more than two to three generations under the same roof. Even in some societies, it's okay to meet and greet the parents and then go to the bedroom (I'm not mentioning which countries I know that are perfectly, of societal, and legally moral to do so).

You're right: it is some of the American brainwashing that a man cannot stay home with the parents, but that it's okay for the woman to stay home until she's married out of the house. :roll:

Some of that brainwashing goes right into the head of women that watch Oprah saying, "You're too goddamn grown to be living with me. I cannot get any f***ing privacy around here!"
Womanspeak translator: Society told me that it's not cool for a man to be a boy and that he should "man up" and give me my privacy so I can revisit my whorish nostalgia days by how much
validation I can get from these men out there that still want an old lady like me!".
+1^^ This is all true, I had a good friend from Europe who told me the same thing. This idea that we need to move out at 18 is BS!
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

magnum wrote: I was homescrewed aka home schooled,

How was being home schooled bad?
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Well, when you never learn to socially interact, and your teachers don't know the subject matter well enough to be "teachers" it doesn't work so well.

Had it been a self study program ect, it might have been good.

And social interaction with other human beings is good for human growth.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

well it, I'm officially unemployed.

Feels a lot worse then I thought it would, back in the same boat as all my friends......

I hate what I've become, despite all efforts, if only I had educated my self... would of could have should have... whats done is done.

Like the saying I guess, it's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

magnum wrote:well it, I'm officially unemployed.

Feels a lot worse then I thought it would, back in the same boat as all my friends......

I hate what I've become, despite all efforts, if only I had educated my self... would of could have should have... whats done is done.

Like the saying I guess, it's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

Hell, I've been unemployed for two years now! How do you think I feel about it! Actually, I feel pretty lousy to be honest, LOL. At least I'm back at school, I only have three more classes left to graduate, thank goodness. It's never too late to rededicate your life to pursue your dreams!