Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

-----

Postby Ghost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby aozora13 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Ghost,

I was thinking about going to the Peace Core after I graduated university (May 2008). However, because of the job was going to be teaching IT skills in an African country, I believe and my family telling me that it will be dumb (dangerous to them), I decided to do a normal job as programmer.

You have experience a degree in English and Education so I think you can try to look for work in South Korea possibly and fly to Thailand when you have free time. You make the most money there and it would not be bad for you.

I am currently in Europe but I say that east European or German women have been the best for me. I have not had luck with Austrian women and most guys feel the same way (sad but true).

There is a guy I knew in my senior year of university and he has a blog about his time in the peace core. I think he was in many countries for about 2 years as you said. He is now in Washington DC (sad). However, I believe your understanding of the world will be different.

Here is his blog:

http://petejusthappened.blogspot.com/
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 am

I suggest you buy the book "So, You Want to Join the Peace Corps...What to know before you go" by Dillon Banerjee on Amazon. It's a good resource to anyone wanting to join the Peace Corps. It also has advice on dating while on the Peace Corps, the social scene, advice on what to bring with you on your trip, description of the training you will receive while overseas, and the rules and regulations regarding your service with the Peace Corps.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby onezero4u » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 am

definately apply...but also apply at MANY other jobs....peace corp positions are very competitive....

my friends who were lucky enough to get in jokingly called it "the best job youll never get"
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice