Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Best Place To Live AFTER You Find Miss Right

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 am

djfourmoney wrote:@Peter Northern California, the closer you get to Shasta and Siskiyou Mountains the milder the climate and it rains alot! Snows and but not cloudy very much. Great sking weather in the Winter, great outdoor weather in the Spring and Summer.

We are just blessed to have fantastic weather here.

Yes...I have worked in silicon valley quite a bit. In 90 I was living in Campbell for 8 weeks and was able to take weekend trips as we could not work on weekends back then. I went up to heavenly valley and reno and places like that. I was back and forth to california many times for work. Usually silicon valley.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 am

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:A freestanding house is simply not on the cards for most germans. Certainly not to rent on a monthly budget of EUR3,000. And EUR3,000 after tax per month would be a VERY good salary in Germany. That is 36,000 per year after tax which would put you on EUR65,000 or so depending on tax rates in your area.

I can tell you that is a LARGE salary in germany. You are talking senior IT person for that kind of money. Salaries are FAR lower in germany than the UK for the same position. Mainly because cost of living in germany is much lower too.

good info - thanks
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue May 22, 2012 4:45 am

gsjackson wrote:As for a visa in France, my understanding is you can get it with a certain amount of income from out of the country. It's a bit more than Germany, but I'm guessing $3,000 a month should qualify, even for a family. I mention the southwest part of the country because that's where you probably could live on $3,000. To make it in Paris or some other parts on that, you'd have to ditch the family.

This article confirms what you said here.

http://liveandinvestoverseas.com/kits/f ... arter-kit/
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice