Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Professional Visa

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Professional Visa

Postby kai8482 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 am

Has any one successfully expatriated to any other country using this visa? It seems easier but I'm unsure, any thoughts, feedback or experience
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 am

I'm assuming this is generally the same thing as a work visa? Or a business owner/self employed type of visa?

Well, a lot of expats go abroad to teach English (I am preparing to do this) and get sponsored by an employer and get a work visa. It is generally fairly easy from what I've read, although I don't know how easy other kinds of visas are to get.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 am

OP,
do you mean the kind of visa where you have skills the country wants? Like mining engineer, etc?

I can't think of anyone here offhand that used that method. But plenty of people DO use it. From Alberta to Jakarta.

Depends on what you have to offer.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Most countries offer these, including the UK. For China you need a lot of cash, but there are various other options like getting an academic job at associate professiorship level.

The UK will let almost anyone in, but you'll need a few 000000's on your bank account balance.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice