Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Affiliate marketing

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Affiliate marketing

Postby J Fever » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Guys

Any advice and/or insight you guys can provide on affiliate marketing? Good affiliate networks, products to sell, SEO tactics, traffic generation?

Thans in advance!
J Fever
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Forget SEO. The point of the search engines is to replicate human behavior. As the search engines get better and better SEO becomes less relevant. That's because SEO keeps trying to figure out how to game an increasingly complex system. Just assume the search engines have reached their goal and have a perfect artificial intelligence. How do you rank under those conditions? Give something of value. Namely, write good content. Google tracks what users do when the look at a website, when they click, how long they stay there, what pages they look at, etc. So if you want people to stay on your site give them valuable content the want to stay around to read. You aren't writing webpages to do well for Google's machine, but for people who you want to come to the site. That's because the whole point of Google's search engine is to replicate human behavior. It helps to market a product you have at least something of an interest in yourself.

That said, there are certain things you can do for your site. Find keywords with a good supply/demand ratio and use them in your web content. Don't get thousands of low quality links, but fewer high value and relevant ones. For affiliates, the obvious place to look is Clickbank. I try to find high value affiliates because the profit margin is better. A good rule of thumb is that it's easier to sell a more expensive product to fewer people than it is to sell an inexpensive product to more people. So I go for $100 or more and at least a 50% commission.

Also, read this: www.sitesell.com
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 am

Affiliate marketing is hard work.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice