Colombian women vs Ukranian ladies

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
edmond
Freshman Poster

Colombian women vs Ukranian ladies

Post by edmond »

Im wondering in all seriousness, who make better partners/wives: colombian ladies or ukranian ladies. any honest assesments here? Yes, ive dating colombian ladies, and im bilingual, totally. Id like to see the differences you've observed out there and the success rate of true relationships, not just dating and having quickies. thanks

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

For an American who is Spanish speaking and who wants a Catholic girl with similar values as what the US used to have, I'd say Colombian. Plus Colombia is easy to fly into.

Americans are used to Latinos and Latin America is used to Gringos. The whole thing is far more predictable, easier to manage and take care of. There's also a huge Colombian population in the US as well as a huge Latin American presence.

Ukraine is a weird country that even people who are from there can't figure out. You will also be up against a legal system that is hard even for locals to navigate, plus the country can be very cold in the winter.

The people and the country can be chaotic and unpredictable and you will have to be dealing with two languages which are hard to learn and a culture which is very confusing even for the locals.

Plus you also need to think about your wife and whether she will be happy in the USA as there is not a big presence of Ukrainians unlike in Canada.

Keep in mind another thing that VERY few Americans are aware of- possibly majority of "Ukrainian" ladies they marry are ethnic Russians who live there. To an American, these are Ukrainians, oh well...

A tip- if the last name ends in -ova, -ina, -eva, then it's an ethnic Russian which is fine but you will not be really marrying a 'Ukrainian'.

Yeah,they can make good wives but you will forever be tied to a culture that is so different and hard to manage. Unless you find an English speaking girl who loves America.

So, unless you are a truly adventurous type, and a daredevil who can deal with such a place, I'd say Colombia is your safest bet.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

if you're an american, the colombian one will seem perhaps a bit more familiar

ukrainians are very different from americans, completely different social codes and you'll find yourself navigating a culture that is very different from yours.... at times it's very draining.(ive been there with an ex from russia)

ukrainians can be good wives, but so do colombians.

I do find colombian women to be more will to sacrifice everything for their man and family.... ukrainians are perhaps more cold headed.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Eastern Slavs and Anglo Saxons are almost always incompatible in their raw form. They may "look" similar but the social codes as well as values and life philosophy are just incompatible.

Add to it the fact that an average American knows very little about those countries ( very little about it is taught in school here) and does not speak Russian can make the task very challenging. And if you have a wife there, you will forever be tied to that culture. As in forever.

An average Anglo Saxon will get along better with the VNese and Chinese than with E. Slavic peoples. And a Filipina is just perfect. Latinas come close second.

So, yeah, a Ukrainian will make a good wife, but you will just need to read a couple of books about her country and culture as well as values and be willing to accept those and for her to accept yours.

Ethnic Russians from Ukraine ( who are a large minority there) as well as Russified Ukrainians are more open to foreign cultures than straight Ukrainians who are generally very private and quiet people.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

ladislav wrote:Eastern Slavs and Anglo Saxons are almost always incompatible in their raw form. They may "look" similar but the social codes as well as values and life philosophy are just incompatible.

Add to it the fact that an average American knows very little about those countries ( very little about it is taught in school here) and does not speak Russian can make the task very challenging. And if you have a wife there, you will forever be tied to that culture. As in forever.

An average Anglo Saxon will get along better with the VNese and Chinese than with E. Slavic peoples. And a Filipina is just perfect. Latinas come close second.

So, yeah, a Ukrainian will make a good wife, but you will just need to read a couple of books about her country and culture as well as values and be willing to accept those and for her to accept yours.

Ethnic Russians from Ukraine ( who are a large minority there) as well as Russified Ukrainians are more open to foreign cultures than straight Ukrainians who are generally very private and quiet people.
I agree.... funny enough Eastern Europeans and Latinos do good.... I know a ukrainian woman married to a cuban man and their marriage works well, they claim their cultures are more organic and rooted in family and traditions while anglos are more materialistic here and now type people.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Cubans and Soviets were almost one country and they loved each other. So, of course they would get along. Not sure if other Latinos would. Like maybe a Puerto Rican would not- these were taught that the US is God, and everyone else is shyt.

But, when I was in Odessa years ago, there was a Mexican guy there courting a Ukrainian girl. Well, obviously, he came with an open mind not as a savior. Also, Mexico does not have a self-aggrandizing, messianic propaganda machine.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I took a couple of trips to the Ukraine and was disappointed in the women. As a group, they're not that great looking, and the two that I dated were devious little liars. I have no regrets, though. :D Time for me to move on. Next destination, Panama and the Dominican Republic. :D :D
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Based on pure physical appearance I prefer Ukrainian but culturally I prefer Russian.