Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Struggle with Women of same or better caliber than ex

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Struggle with Women of same or better caliber than ex

Postby magnum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 am

I find my self with a incredibly annoying problem, after being with my ex who was a 10 on my personal attraction scale, I can't bring my self to lower my standers, that might sound terribly superficial but it's the truth.

When I view online dating profiles I struggle to find girls I'm attracted to compared to that same scale, though I'm hopeful that at least being around real womem once I'm able to leave the country again will perhaps allow me to lower my standers...

Hell, has anyone struggled with this, and what did you do about it?
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Well, if you apply for a job over here so you can come and live, you'll find tons of hot girls. I can never get anything started with Chinese women on the dating site I use. And most of them on there are older women and/or divorcees anyway.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm

I never had any luck on dating sites. Most would not even reply to me. You really have to be here on the ground. It is a totally different ballgame.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby tre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 pm

The hottest girl I was ever in a relationship with was NOT marriage material. The girl I'm with now is attractive, but not as attractive. However, I'm much happier as that "hottest" girl put me on a roller coaster to say the least.

Set your standard between a 8-10 range (physical attraction) and then focus on the other traits that you want and need in a girl for a long-term relationship.

I agree with what the others have said...focus on getting the rest of your life in order so that you can move out to China and STAY.
tre
Junior Poster

Postby magnum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 am

As always thank you for the inside.

I'm not sure if china is my destination or not, but I'm moving and learning and searching for all possibilities open to me.

Chatted with some girls from the Philippines and Indonesia, they are much friendlier then Chinese and Thai women seem to be, but I find Chinese Thai and japans far more attractive...with that said, it would seem with the ammount of interest I get and the moral caliber of the women I speak with, I could find a better looking woman who's more loyal from these locations, we'll see, right now I need just make money.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:15 am

Although I've been on many dates (and currently dating a solid girl in Shenzhen, China) Chinese women are not 'easy' to date or pick-up as many foreigners come to believe; in fact, I believe Chinese females, all too often, have unrealistically high standards for their men and generally are flighty and materialistic.

Also, many Chinese females are notoriously for stopping a relationship 'dead on its track, suddenly' and will stop calling or messaging you after the first date. There are also not as open to foreigners as one might believe from watching American movies or media, or in comparison to Taiwanese, Korean or Japanese girls...

I don't know where the stereotype of the easy "Asian" women comes from--especially in regards to most Northeast Asian females. Now, Southeast Asians on the other hand...that's where the stereotype definitely 'fits.' Filipinas, Thais, Vietnamese, etc...are much more open and engaging--and also, open to foreigners--than their Northeast Asian counterparts. ...

If I didn't currently have a Chinese girlfriend, I would've been far more interested in dating Southeast Asian girls, than Northeast Asian ones, tbh. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Be careful, on some SEA dating sites you will find girls of East Asian ethnicity/ancestry that are just as materialistic as their counterparts back in NEA. The first girl that messaged me on www.vietnameselove.com (Tiffany Lo) was from HK but living in Ho Chi Minh City. Flirted with her online for a bit and discovered that she's just as materialistic and superficial as many of the girls in China/HK/TW.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I did very well in China. But after being in Thailand I realise that I'm a much better match for Chinese women. Thai women aren't really into geeky men, and they very much live for today, whereas I plan things for the long term.

The nagging worry I have about Chinese women is that they're using me to get a ticket out of China. But on the other hand hardly any of the women I've met have mentioned anything about living in the West. And they all knew I was happy to live in China for a while.

Don't worry about raising your game. I have gone on to date ever hotter women. The hot ones are hard work to keep though, they are very popular.

If you want to know you're dating a true hot lady, just watch other people. Average man with ultra hot lady - wow that got me a lot of looks in Thailand. But man walking round mall with student half his age, nobody cared less.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice