What is Panda (xiongmao) up to these days?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

What is Panda (xiongmao) up to these days?

Post by Bao3niang »

I've read a lot about how he is starting to doubt the idea of being happier abroad, and today I found out about his website called Happier Back Home. Yet in one post he tells me he plans to go Vietnam soon (like me).

I guess a more accurate description for him is that when he does experience good things he gets high, but when he encounters a setback it can seem if the whole world should be sorry for him.

Anyways, I wonder where he is right now and his success living and dating in Asia.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm back in Farangland now.

Actually I had a good think about my future this afternoon. I am torn between going travelling again and sticking around home for a year or two.

Really I'd like a rest and a time to think about everything that happened last year. Which was an awful lot of stuff.

Travelling was fun but it's clear my priorities in life are:

1. Food
2. Money
3. Women

On that basis Farangland wins out due to superior food and ways of acquiring money.

I'm not sure I'm into the whole marriage thing. Kids are a pain in the ass. Maybe Winston has the right approach of finding a nice foreign woman and paying her to bring up your kid while you go off and do man stuff.

I think AiB thought I was crazy to not put p***y as #1, but then again Roosh will tell you not to put p***y on a pedestal. But don't worry because if you have money then the women will come.

Actually since arriving back home I've noticed more women noticing me here. Maybe I have a glint in my eye now.

So I'm going to apply for jobs here. My reasoning is that as soon as I get a job I can get another mortgage and cash out my stock investments to buy a second rental property.

If no job turns up then I'll head off back to Asia again. Plan B is to build a software product I have the blueprints for.

Of course if I get a job I can still take vacations - it would be freaking awesome to go to Thailand for a fortnight and party like hell with all the fun people I met last year.

Was I Happier Abroad? No. But then I've had a very good life in Farangland, so abroad had a lot to live up to.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I am not sure how life is in the UK. However, it is good that at least people have different experiences which is good for HA. I think when I was living in Vienna (Austria), it was not to rosy as the girls were not that great and the best women were always foreign. Also most guys (Austrian) talked about how basically women there though a little better always played games with guys.

Life is relatively good in the Western countries if you have a decent job (or a small business) that is not soul crushing. Food and money for me is not too difficult but girls?? that is another story.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

xiongmao wrote: Travelling was fun but it's clear my priorities in life are:

1. Food
2. Money
3. Women
That's funny. I only want the money so I can get more food and women.

I never considered myself to have had a great life back home. It wasn't bad. I banged women, had a cool car, hung out in cool places etc. The things is, I think as long as I have to work for someone else, I will never be happy. Moving abroad, with the lower cost of living meant I could do my own thing, have my freedom, and have it now rather than working on my stuff on the side until it made enough for me to quit my job.

Now its grown enough that I could live in the west, but why would I want to?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I miss the UK, there's something about life there. I had a great time the few years I spent there. It rained alot & was cold & windy but I just appreciated it all. Everything was expensive, I didn't save much & I did have encounters with the occasional slag & chav lol, but it's all good memories now. I always feel like running back like a spoilt kid whenever things go haywire as it does when you live abroad.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Renata wrote:I miss the UK, there's something about life there. I had a great time the few years I spent there. It rained alot & was cold & windy but I just appreciated it all. Everything was expensive, I didn't save much & I did have encounters with the occasional slag & chav lol, but it's all good memories now. I always feel like running back like a spoilt kid whenever things go haywire as it does when you live abroad.
No doubt the UK are the ideal platform of routine and boredom, after a life chasing adventures abroad :) It still rains a lot and it's cold & windy, but as you know the real freeze is the personal hell of a space void of any meaningful human interaction that goes beyond the functional and the opportunistic. The only solace remains your family and/or wife and/or kids, and if you're extremely lucky the odd friend who will drown his sorrows into the same round or overpriced wine as yours.

I think it's only human to long the opposite of what we currently hold. Then we reach the other side and the roles swap.