Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How easy is it to live in China?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How easy is it to live in China?

Postby TopSpruce » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 am

Chinese girls are certainly beautiful, but it seems to me they might be hard to meet due to cultural difference.

I have spent time in Europe and find I get along well there since I understand the culture.
How do Westerners do in China these days? Is it hard finding a job (besides English teaching)? How hard is it with language issues and cultural differences?

How easy is it to meet a local girl and understand her? What about the gender imbalance?
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 am

Don't worry about the gender imbalance - it doesn't have much relevance to foreigners.

It isn't easy to live in China - I only managed 4 months there. The weather is harsh in just about all of China. I lived in Guangzhou so it was rarely cold, but the humidity was hard to take. You also have to cope with poor quality food, pollution and massive overcrowding. Oh, and the language difference as well.

There's a reason most foreigners go to Thailand - it's just so much easier to live there.

Still, if you can hack it, then yes Chinese women are very hot. I'd routinely see 100 decent looking women just when I went to the supermarket and back.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice