I'm Short, Dark Skinned, Filipino-American. Am I screwed?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The language thing is deplorably correct. Good looks, race and money take precedence over language, intelligence, cultural knowledge etc. I saw the same thing in Asia. Tall white guys who don't know anything about the culture get more girls than those who know the culture and the language.

In the Philippines, a guy who does not speak Tagalog, who is tall and white and who only speaks English, gets more respect than a fluent Tagalog speaker like me. I've seen it. Money, car, status. It's the animal thing. A base instinct to join a better tribe.

But don't feel despaired. First of all, you need to get out of Korea. Just like I got out of Japan, US, Thailand and go where you are appreciated. The Philippines is your first choice. Then, Mexico, Guatemala, etc. are yours. Also, Thailand, VN, Cambodia,Indonesia are also yours.

Do not beat your head against the wall. Go to where you are in demand.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

ladislav wrote:Do not beat your head against the wall. Go to where you are in demand.
I agree with this statement if you like or can accept what is in store for you where you are in demand, but I'd encourage one to beat their head against the wall and fight the grueling war of attrition if you want something that is statistically out of your reach. Life is to be enjoyed, and life is about fulfilling your goals. Example: I would rather be in Taiwan screwing one or two decent-looking women a year than in Europe or Latin America, even if half of the 8+'s in those locales would beg me to screw them.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

To OP: go on YouTube to see many overseas Asian/ Asian women couples, and even Asian men/foreign women couples in Asia.

Ask Korean Guys - Other Korean Guy/Foreign Girl Couples?

Asian Guy VS Black Girls

Asian Male White Female Interview Part 1
[/youtube]
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Being a Filipino-American I'm sure you could do pretty well in the Philippines. Hit up your family in America and see if they have many extended relatives still in the country. Go stay with them for a while and they will no doubt hook you up, especially if they know you are single. Overall being a Filipino-American can definitely help you there plus 5'2" is still kinda short but not that bad when considering the average height of a man there is 5'4-5'5.

I understand the height complex, though I'm 5'9" but still somewhat insecure about it at times when I'm around a lot taller guys. I makeup for it by hitting the gym and being in shape. Try that to boost your confidence if you don't already do it. I'd stay away from lifts in your shoes as they will just mask your insecurity and be weird if a girl finds out. Just wear bigger boots with an extra sole. You could probably bump up 2 inches with those.

Also like others have said, try countries with a shorter population like Peru, Guatemala, Indonesia. My friend is Guatemalan and is about 5'3" He is the tallest in his family of 3 sisters, a mom, and a slightly younger brother. Most Guatemalans I've seen in the States are quite small in stature due to the Mayan blood lines.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

I found this online. Countries with a short average male height:

Mexico 5'5.7"
Ecuador 5'5.6"
Peru 5'5.5"
Bolivia 5'5.4"
North Korea 5'5.4"
Sri Lanka 5'5.2"
El Salvador 5'5.2"
Vietnam 5'5"
India 5'4.9"
Philippines 5'4.6"
Indonesia 5'4.2"
Cambodia 5'4"

I have been to the first three countries on this list and I can confirm that most men there are short.