Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which option would you choose?

Package A
50%
Package B
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: Which would you choose?

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:51 am

Starchild, I thought you were all into the spiritual stuff and money didn't matter to you...on the other hand, $300K can buy a lot of Tulsi. ;)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xtravel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:11 am

Ghost wrote:Two options for HAers:

Package A:
You get $300,000 cash. Tax-free, to use however you like.

Package B:
You get native-level fluency in the language of your choice.
You get a guaranteed job in any foreign country of your choice. You'll only make $20,000 per year at this job, but you are guaranteed to like it and won't be fired. You'll of course like your boss and coworkers and have benefits such as health insurance.
You get 3 contacts/friends from your target country who you absolutely know you can trust, and who will help you with such things as networking, business, dating, housing, etc.

Choose one. Why did you make the choice you did?

Stock market returns a historical average of 6%, so $20K > $18K, and that is a win. Of course you have to give up 40 hours a week of your time for it. But then there are health insurance benefits. Fluency in a language means either greater personal satisfaction or business opportunity, or both.These things alone move me to Package B, albeit in a country where $20K per year goes a long way.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Postby Zambales » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:57 am

I'd take the money......

Just in case the four of us are in a car crash together and I'm the only survivor. :wink:
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Kradmelder » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm

Package A. With money the women will come anyway. And if I blow a lot of it on women, who cares? i didn't work for it.

Package B is chump change. A small % of what I earn now and I will have to meet women who will probably try and take what little I have
Kradmelder
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice