Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Questions to weed out scammers in online dating

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 9:19 am
Ukrainian girls are not going to ride the bus or train. They are going to demand money sent in advance for a PRIVATE TAXI to pick them up at their doorstep to whatever destination in whatever country. The bill will likely exceed $1000 one way. She will just keep the money and not come.

I can tell you are a bit green on this subject.
LOL, USD 1000,- for a woman I don't know even if she is existing? No way, either she comes or not, how she is doing it, up to her - why should I care - and there are already many women from East Europe who made the trip over the border.

Green on this subject?

Now it is easy to travel and to cross borders, but I still had a time in Austria, where border guards of some East European countries had the order 'to shoot at sight' when somebody tried to escape over the Iron Curtain. A lot of paperwork required every time when crossing and searched up to your underwear when entering and leaving. German Democratic Republic was the worst of all, and luckily it does not exist anymore.

I was working many years in Austria for Eastern Europe, and have been countless times in all East European countries for business behind the Iron Curtain except Albania. I was working together with Polish, Hungarian and Yugoslavian employees.

I was also employed for several years in Tokyo after my relocation working for an East European country, before I could change to a semi-government related job of my own native country.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Green on the subject when it comes to Ukraine. I don't know about Japan.

My rule is always meet her on her own territory first before planning any vacations. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 9:24 am
Yohan wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 9:05 am
I would definitively NOT cross into Ukraine.
Tsar has already stated that he is suicidal. So he doesn't care if a Russian bomb falls on his Kyiv apartment in the middle of the night and kills him. He just doesn't care.
I don't think, he is suicidal - he is more the typ of a person who does not know what he really wants. Changing his mind like the wind, sometimes so, and sometimes not so. The problem for him however I guess, he is fairly short of money.

For international travel you should always be able to pay, even for unexpected expenses.

All what I can say is to enter now Ukraine as a Western tourist is plainly crazy, but it is not about me to decide. I can only say, you have only one life, be careful not to waste it....
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I would meet a girl in Ukraine even now but I would probably only stay about a week then propose some place of travel.

As I understand Tsar was already in Ukraine during wartime and he had no problems.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 10:00 am
My rule is always meet her on her own territory first before planning any vacations. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Generally I would agree, I often said, get on an airplane, visit her where she is living. For example Philippines, Thailand, etc. etc.

However Ukraine is a very special case, this is a war-zone. There are also other countries, not only Ukraine, which are war-zones or otherwise such crazy places that I cannot recommend any Western citizen to visit them at this moment. Even not if a woman living there wants to meet me -
I would tell her to get out from there first of all, either straight to my own country or a third party place. After we will see how it continues, and if not, it will not continue. Bye - see you never again....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 7th, 2024, 6:23 am
Winston wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 9:20 am
Btw guys. I wouldn't say it's an absolute rule to never send money to a Filipina in the Philippines. There are a few exceptions, like sending her phone load from Lazada or Paypal or Xoom. I send some Filipinas I know and like 300p phone load sometimes, which is about 6 dollars. Also I send her 1000p, which is about 20 dollars, for Christmas and her birthday. But that's it. No monthly support or anything like that. But of course she has to prove herself and give me good vibes and good signs. I don't just send anyone money.
You're talking about sending money to people you already know. The subject of this thread is about sending money to those you've only met online which is a big NO NO.

Tsar sent a couple hundred to some Ukrainian he had only met online. Then she ghosted him. She only 'unghosted' him when she needed more money. If Tsar had taken the €1800+$300 he sent to someone he knew for a long time and applied it to a trip to Ukraine, he could have already met this girl in person to figure out if she is a scammer or not. He could have rented an apartment.
But that's what I meant. Even if I never met her, I might send a few cheap gifts from Lazada for her birthday, or 20 dollars for her birthday or Christmas, if she gives me good vibes and good signs. Generosity has to be earned, it's not a free gift. But not monthly support or big payments, no way. That's where I draw the line. But I don't do that for every girl, only the ones that I have a good feeling about or who puts out some good signs. For some reason, some women don't understand that generosity, like trust, has to be earned, it's not a free gift for all women.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out Filipina Pea talking to a lawyer about how you can get even with a Filipina scammer. Is it true that you can sue them in court? But they will always say they spent all the money they scammed and have nothing to pay back right?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne