Tips for clothing in hot countries

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Tips for clothing in hot countries

Post by Lucas88 »

Today the temperature reached 27°. That's the average high in Medellín and other Colombian highland cities for most of the year.

I was reminded of what it's like to live in Latin America. The body starts to sweat and the balls start to chafe in one's boxers. I hate that feeling. :(

What is a good way to dress in hotter climates for keeping oneself cool?

I love Latin America but sometimes I find the heat oppressive (like during my stay in Monterrey, MX). This is why I insist on prioritizing temperate highland climates over coastal or lowland climates. The former are much more pleasant. 8)

Any advice would be appreciated. 👍
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Re: Tips for clothing in hot countries

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 11th, 2023, 4:40 pm
Today the temperature reached 27°. That's the average high in Medellín and other Colombian highland cities for most of the year.

I was reminded of what it's like to live in Latin America. The body starts to sweat and the balls start to chafe in one's boxers. I hate that feeling. :(

I love Latin America but sometimes I find the heat oppressive (like during my stay in Monterrey, MX). This is why I insist on prioritizing temperate highland climates over coastal or lowland climates. The former are much more pleasant. 8)

I just wear shorts and walk about with the beach bod out fella
Cant beat it
Looks I get from girls fella
I look like some cunt from baywatch fella
Like pamela andersin but if she had a massive cock and shagged lots of hot women
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Lucas88 wrote:

Tank tops, shorts, hat, sun glass, sun screen?
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 11th, 2023, 4:44 pm
I used to have a Lakers top. It was pretty good for showing off the guns. Maybe I'll get another one so that I look real macho while strolling around the streets and am able to impress the hot bootylicious mamasotas.

#VidaCallejera #LifeInDaHood #HulkHoganBiceps

In Mexico I used to wear a sombrero just like the locals in Nuevo León cowboy country. 🤠

#Ranchero

In never put on sunscreen. I just take a shitload of Melanotan and get brown as fcuk, just like the locals!

#MorenoHastaLosCojones #BrownPride

In fact, the other day somebody who I know stopped me in the street and told me that I look like a Turk! LMAO!

#Türkiye #HorsemanPride

What about boxers? What are the best type?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 11th, 2023, 5:08 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 11th, 2023, 4:44 pm
I used to have a Lakers top. It was pretty good for showing off the guns. Maybe I'll get another one so that I look real macho while strolling around the streets and am able to impress the hot bootylicious mamasotas.

#VidaCallejera #LifeInDaHood #HulkHoganBiceps

In Mexico I used to wear a sombrero just like the locals in Nuevo León cowboy country. 🤠

#Ranchero

In never put on sunscreen. I just take a shitload of Melanotan and get brown as fcuk, just like the locals!

#MorenoHastaLosCojones #BrownPride

In fact, the other day somebody who I know stopped me in the street and told me that I look like a Turk! LMAO!

#Türkiye #HorsemanPride

What about boxers? What are the best type?
Cotton, easy, breathable. But if you have bit more money, silk boxers are a great choice.
Silk absorb all the moisture and doesn't irritate your skin. Silk is the best kind of boxers, but bit more expensive.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I am in very hot part of China, it is one of the furnace cities and it is hot going on for November.

You need cotton, linen, Spanish style loafers and if you want to look latin - linen Guayabera style shirts, linen pants and Tom's alpargata shoes. Lacoste polo shirts are good as well and go for pastel colours and well as white. I know British blokes hate wearing white pants but you need to get out of that mindset - white pants and shoes is where it is at for style in the sun. Sand coloured chinos are my go to for hot days also.

Try and not wear a baseball cap, get some top class shades - they are far better than a baseball cap when the sun is beating down on your head.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

@Lucas88 cost effective way of dressing like a proper Latin American on a hot day. I am going to put the links here

Guayabera shirt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/short-sleeved- ... th=1&psc=1

Linen chinos

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B094N3 ... 42a42e3c2b

Tom's alpargatas - don't be a gringo and wear daft sandals and flip flops

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOMS-Mens-Alpa ... 381&sr=8-5

A cost effective but trendy pair of shades

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DUCO-Mens-Sung ... 0aWM&psc=1
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

You need some Spanish male aftershaves so you can smell good but also smell like a proper Spanish gentleman walking around Madrid.

Agua Brava by Puig

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Agua-Brava-Men ... 621&sr=8-4

Barberia by Alvarez Gomez

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Agua-Colonia-C ... 698&sr=8-1

Mix it with a dab of agua de colonia from Alvarez Gomez on hot sunny days

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alvarez-Gomez- ... 007&sr=8-5
calmlife
Freshman Poster

Post by calmlife »

When I visited Egypt once I really can't the the weather because it was so hot there so for women tourists on planning in visiting Egypt here the tips from this site https://gowithguide.com/blog/egypt-tour ... -know-5312 -Loose and comfortable clothing. Keeping the weather in mind, loose blouses, shirts that cover the shoulders and flowy skirts below the knees are the most common clothing.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Lucas88 wrote:

I had a look at both of my parent's web page displays for their genes, and I have a lot of English genes, along with Irish, Scottish, German and French. So I don't think the sensitivity to temperature is genetic. 27 degrees Celsius is a very nice mild summer temperature. I was

What is a good way to dress in hotter climates for keeping oneself cool? When it gets 34 or 35, that's when it's hot. I grew up in the American south and it gets like that and humid on hot days.

But don't Brit's take their shirts off and go to the beach when it gets to be about 70 degrees (sorry, got to speak English and get off that Celsius stuff) in the summer?

The English conquered India and what is now Malaysia, and other hot places, so their bodies must be able to adapt.

Some Indonesians have an extreme sensitivity to cold. When it gets down to 69 in the rainy season at sea level, security guards will put on coats and act like its cold. The people in the mountains are a little tougher up in Sumatra because it gets down in the 40's... or it used to. But freezing temperatures are rough on them. My wife itched really bad when she first experienced winter. We had to figure out she needed to lotion up. It didn't bother me much. I'd just occasionally use lotion on my hands.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It can get into the 30's, celsius, in Indonesia at different times of the year. I'd usually wear long sleeves and trousers, as most did. But they have thin, summer-weight clothing. I learned my lesson wearing a black suit to a funeral- like family gathering. I think it was over 100 degrees in that house with all the people, and they just had a fan. My in-laws were wearing black batik. I bought black batik after that.

If I go back, I think I'll try to get a nice cowboy hat before I live, hoping it survives the trip on the plane. As an American, I stand out anyway. Western wear is not really my thing. But it is good to keep the sun off. I'd like to have one of those broad brimmed Australian leather hats.

I always try to get dress shoes with no strings for taking shoes off at Asian homes. It's a constant thing. I'm having difficulty finding them this season.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

MrMan wrote:
April 12th, 2024, 7:17 am
I had a look at both of my parent's web page displays for their genes, and I have a lot of English genes, along with Irish, Scottish, German and French. So I don't think the sensitivity to temperature is genetic. 27 degrees Celsius is a very nice mild summer temperature.
I recently read that there is a genetic component to heat tolerance. Some research suggests that those with a maternal haplogroup that originates from warmer regions may have more gene variants that favor more effective thermoregulation in hot climates.

However, genetics isn't the only component. Other factors include physical fitness (fit people have better cardiovascular function and more effective thermoregulation) and acclimatization (people can build up heat tolerance by living in hot climates for long periods). Certain medications can also affect heat tolerance.

In my case, I used to love intense heat—even temperatures of 35º—when I was a kid and teenager, but now as an adult I don't like intense heat anywhere near as much and am happy mostly with a pleasant spring-like temperature of around 20-25⁰.
MrMan wrote:
April 12th, 2024, 7:17 am
But don't Brit's take their shirts off and go to the beach when it gets to be about 70 degrees (sorry, got to speak English and get off that Celsius stuff) in the summer?
They do when they're on vacation. But physical training and many other activities aren't so pleasant when the temperature reaches an extreme high.

Fortunately, since taking Melanotan (an injectable peptide which stimulates melanogenesis), I can walk around Valencia at midday in the middle of summer with my shirt off and not burn at all—I just get mega brown like a reverse Michael Jackson. :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Just one advice out of my experience in Thailand:

Sun is very strong, never ride on a motorcycle while wearing only a T-shirt, make sure your arms are fully covered up down to your fingers, same is true with wearing only shorts, better use long trousers.... Of course, it is obligatory, but locals don't care, use always a helmet with UV Protection shield, it's also good for protecting your head and face against the sun.

Wide streets while riding a motorcycle do not offer you any protection against the sun, there is no shadow.