Dating in the South is Easier Then It Is In Other States

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: Dating in the South is Easier Then It Is In Other States

Post by Outcast9428 »

@MrMan

I feel like its better to have a higher marriage rate and higher divorce rate then to have a country of people who don't marry at all. I know divorce is horrible, but not marrying at all is just giving up entirely. Its better to try and then fail then to never try at all. This is a big reason why MGTOW never appealed to me. It sounds like feminism re-packaged for guys. Basically "all women are horrible, just forget them and live for yourself."

Part of my sampling for South Carolina admittedly comes from Myrtle Beach. I know that's a biased sample, but I've also been to Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks and did not feel like the crowd was similar. Myrtle Beach feels almost exactly like a Floridian city. I know all of South Carolina isn't Myrtle Beach and I'm not claiming the whole state is anything like Florida. But there's nowhere in North Carolina that feels like Florida.

The area of Atlanta, sure, not the city though.

I don't feel like Florida is culturally Southern at all. It really is its own thing. I mean, I've been to Daytona Beach which is "Northern Florida" and yes, its not nearly as "Florida" as the rest of Florida is... But its still pretty Florida. St. Augustine was the nicest part of Florida I've been to and even there you see some of the Floridian behavior. From what I know of Tallahassee, it does seem a lot tamer then the other Floridian cities are. I mean, you can find conservatives in Florida. I still did. But even if you do find them, the culture of Florida is so toxic its not worth living in. Its not like Virginia where its pretty easy to isolate yourself from liberalism's influence, in Florida it is impossible. I went to Universal, made the mistake of watching one of the shows they had and it turned out they literally had BDSM themes in it. The girls were walking guys around with leashes around their necks and mock strangling them at various points. There were children in the audience. I was sick to my stomach.

I agree that you don't need to live out in the middle of nowhere. I really don't recommend the cities though. My brother has been living in the city for a decade now and has had no luck at all. Living in the suburbs surrounding a city? Definitely. That's what I'm doing. But living in the downtown city? You are going to really struggle to find a conservative girl there.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Dating in the South is Easier Then It Is In Other States

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
October 16th, 2022, 10:22 pm
@MrMan

I feel like its better to have a higher marriage rate and higher divorce rate then to have a country of people who don't marry at all. I know divorce is horrible, but not marrying at all is just giving up entirely. Its better to try and then fail then to never try at all. This is a big reason why MGTOW never appealed to me. It sounds like feminism re-packaged for guys. Basically "all women are horrible, just forget them and live for yourself."
I noticed that similarity with MGTOW also. I remember a video where a guy said he wanted a wife and kids, but thought it was too risky, financially? That seems a bit cowardly to me. If they don't want to marry, fine, but if they don't because they are scared of getting divorced, they need to be more courageous, and also wise and selective with choosing a wife.

Part of my sampling for South Carolina admittedly comes from Myrtle Beach. I know that's a biased sample, but I've also been to Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks and did not feel like the crowd was similar. Myrtle Beach feels almost exactly like a Floridian city. I know all of South Carolina isn't Myrtle Beach and I'm not claiming the whole state is anything like Florida. But there's nowhere in North Carolina that feels like Florida.[/quote]

My dad has been to Myrtle Beach quite a bit. He thinks parts of it are sleazy with a lot of sleazy people. It draws in tourists from the region, even as far away as the Midwest, when people in the middle of the country are looking for beaches to go to. So it is not representative of SC, IMO. I've been there four times in my life, so I am no expert.