What does everyone have to say about Hawaii?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What does everyone have to say about Hawaii?

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 6:28 pm

All that writing and not a single word about the women in Hawaii. Wow.
I was in Hawaii during the married stage of my life. The women? I don't know what it is. I think plenty of Asian women are pretty. But it seemed like I found a very tiny percent of women to be especially attractive. I mean, there are sevens walking around, and maybe some foreigners on the beach are pretty, but for some reason, the local women? Rarely is one especially beautiful. I mean 8's and 9's? Not too many. There was one really pretty Chinese lady, not from there, but worked there. I remember a pretty Korean that worked at that Polynesian Cultural Center. Also, I remember a pretty white college student, probably, with an unfriendly attitude when I asked what time the bus arrived. (I assume she was a college student.)

A friend of mine there turned 50, looked relatively young, and wanted to find a wife. He worked at a hospital and he said the women there were big, fat, wore tattoos, cussed, and were tough.

I remember two pretty Filipinas. One was a teenager, though, and another was pretty with a round, kind of Chinese-looking face, but I don't think she was Chinese.

I also had a family over, and they had a teenage daughter with a really pretty face. They kind of looked Chinese, but I think they were mixed. I also remember a young ethnic Korean woman who was a weight lifter who had a pretty face and didn't look as muscular as one might think.

It just seems like the percentage of the female population that is really pretty is small, like someone came by and plucked those extremities off the right of the bell curve and it capped out at 80 or 90% or so except with very rare exception, and those girls weren't always that local.

Local Hawaiians on Oahu are usually mixed. On other islands there might be more pure blooded Hawaiians. For me, Polynesians aren't that pretty, generally. I might see one with a pretty face, but the body is just to big, not the delicate female build type that resonates more with me. And some of them are kind of pudgy or just big.

Honestly, it was a bit like Indonesia in this regard. Even the Chinese tend not to be as good-looking there for some reason. Maybe the pretty ones stayed home 500 years ago. There is a very tiny percentage of the population I consider to be 9's or better, a smaller percentage than South Korea, China, or the US. (I don't know about the US now since the girls tend to be fat, and that cuts into the percentage of really pretty ones.)

These are my perceptions based on my own idiosyncratic and picky perceptions of looks, though. I also had a wife to direct my affections toward and I wasn't trying to find someone.