who believes fifty is the new thirthy?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

who believes fifty is the new thirthy?

Post by firethrower1000 »

I think its more of an excuse for ex ,manipulative,antisocial,wanna be princesses to feel valued and wanted again...Especially Cougar women...When their power of youthfull beauty fades away by the age of fifthy all of a sudden they become easy to get with but they just dont meet our standards by that time....I'd say Carma is a bitch even for ex wanna be princesses...LOL they never saw that part coming in Disney such as Cinderella....
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

NO, and I am 48. Healthcare advances, technology, better diet, nutrition and living standards make 50 a healthier time than 50 years ago, but a 50 year old man is NOT a 24 year old man, and a 50 yo women is DEFINITELY NOT a 24 yo young woman. There are things you can do at 24 that you cannot do at 50. Carpe Diem.

Yeah it is unfair. So what...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In the US dating scene, of a woman is 50, sure! Not here.

I am 49 going on 50. And, it basically depends on where you are. Here in the Philippines, a 30 yeard old Western man is basically 18 again and a 50 yeard old Western man is maybe, 32 or so in terms of the dating desirability and the women he will attract. And 85 is the new 50. For men. Here in the Philippines.

Now, for a Western 50 year old woman in Turkey. Greece, Oman, etc, it is the new, well, maybe 25. Except that she is post menopause and cannot have kids. But in terms of desirability, yes.

Not for a woman here in the Philippines,50 means hopeless. But a man is just beginning here.

In the US, I dunno, maybe 50 is the new 30 for women because men will date you in packs. But 30 is the new 50 for men in the USA. Too old for a spoiled US gal.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!