Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
* Avoid American Airlines, US Airways, etc. Delta is better. Way better.
* Convince your boss to pay for Delta lounge membership if you have lengthy waits at the airport. Free drinks, snacks, wifi... Bring your own laptop and PSP. Never finished Neverwinter Nights 2? Now is your chance! If you or your boss is too cheap to pay for it, you can still sit near the Delta Lounge and use T-Mobile wifi for free. Just look for the guest access on the left side of the home page. (cough cough)
* Get your own American Express card and use it to book travels, car rentals, meals, etc. Your work will reimburse you for the trip and you get the 1%-3% cash backs in your pocket. Make sure you keep all the receipts for your boss!
* You do not need to be a first class passenger or VIP to access many airport lounges. At LAX International Terminal, you can pay by the hour for RELAX Lounge:
So if the "Star Alliance" lounge gives you the snub, simply walk away and go to another lounge!
* Many people hate jobs that require lengthy travel. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get a job when the job description reads "up to 50% travel may be required". @_@;; It sounds harsh but you get your travel, hotel, and meal expenses all paid for. Since you're away from home, you're not using utilities or driving you car. While on business trip, you work may reimburse $30/day for meals, and the hotels usually have free breakfast. So overall you get to save $$.
* If the boss asks "The job may require international travel and working abroad. Are you OK with that?", smile and reply with "do puppies like biscuits?" If it's manufacturing related, you should probably go to the Chinese embassy and get a VISA. Why pay to go abroad when you can get paid to go abroad?
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests