Brother One Cell

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
Kapinga626
Freshman Poster

Brother One Cell

Post by Kapinga626 »

By Cullen Thomas .

A young American guy travels to South Korea to teach English .
He gets talked in to bouncing over to the P.I. to score some hashish , and bring it back to Seoul , which he does .
He also gets caught , and sent to a South Korean prison for 3 1/2 years .

Sometimes dark , but really interesting , reviews on this book were mixed , but I loved it .

The show " Locked up abroad " , did a piece about his story .
The piece was disappointing , the book is not .

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Brother One Cell

Post by Rock »

Kapinga626 wrote:By Cullen Thomas .

A young American guy travels to South Korea to teach English .
He gets talked in to bouncing over to the P.I. to score some hashish , and bring it back to Seoul , which he does .
He also gets caught , and sent to a South Korean prison for 3 1/2 years .

Sometimes dark , but really interesting , reviews on this book were mixed , but I loved it .

The show " Locked up abroad " , did a piece about his story .
The piece was disappointing , the book is not .
Hey, I read that book too. Guy was dumb enough to mail drugs to himself from Phils and then go to post-office in Korea to pick it up the package. Glad his girlfriend got away cus she was innocent.

Generally, I love true life prison tales, especially those involving Anglos getting locked-up in foreign prisons. I've read 5 which partially took place in Thai prisons (including one successful escape), 1 from Indonesia, and the one you mentioned from South Korea. I've also read a few by US cons/ex-cons about US penitentiary and justice system.

Actually, you can learn a lot about a country from its prison system and how things go down on the inside. I think doing time in Korea would be very hard to tolerate cus you have to sleep in a cold cell during the winter with minimal covering and the activities are very limited. In the main Thai prisons, there's a lot going on with foreigners from all over the world, a big underground economy and lots of activities during the day. With a bit of money, you can buy a bit better conditions including servants/helper prisoners from 3rd world countries. And overall, it doesn't sound very violent if you don't start things. A US medium security or above prison is going to feel like a huge step-up from the squalor of a Thai prison. But once you have to deal with the constant threat of extreme violence, you'll probably prefer a Thai prison; unless of course you're a super bad ass yourself.