Should we have a Black Americans board?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Should we have a Black Americans board?

Post by Winston »

Someone suggested to me that, since we have a board for "Asian American" issues here, that we should also have a board for Black American issues too, since there are many Black American members here. What do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

are white european americans next then?
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

I agree. If you´re going to give one to blacks, then there´s no reason you shouldn´t give one to white Americans too.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Here comes the division. I dont think we need a separate one for us african americans. We are one and the same oppressed males. Think about it.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Do we really need this sort of racial division on this board, considering we all agree with the underlying theme, regardless of skin hue?
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

racial division is a part of the Matrix. I see us all as brothers thats all. We do have our cultural differences yet we go through the same shit. Brothers from different mothers thats all.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

We should remove the Asian American board instead. All US citizens should be just called Americans.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

ladislav wrote:We should remove the Asian American board instead. All US citizens should be just called Americans.
I agree.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is not about division. It's about creating a board for Black American issues, just like there is one about Asian American issues. Everyone is not the same. There is nothing wrong with categorizing people. Only the politically correct are usually against that.

Ok well, nevermind then.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

No, you should not have a Black Americans board.
Winston wrote:It's about creating a board for Black American issues, just like there is one about Asian American issues. Everyone is not the same.
I neither care, nor want to know the racial makeup of a given persons profile. If you create boards based upon race then everyone begins to balkanize in to their own racial boards.

No.
RedDog wrote:
ladislav wrote:We should remove the Asian American board instead. All US citizens should be just called Americans.
I agree.
I agree as well.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Winston wrote:This is not about division. It's about creating a board for Black American issues, just like there is one about Asian American issues. Everyone is not the same. There is nothing wrong with categorizing people. Only the politically correct are usually against that.

Ok well, nevermind then.
You mean do we perceive that we are being treated differently then European forigners in certain countries? In my one nation of expertise, the Philippines, we are further down the line in the contempoary beauty standards. Any children will get the locally "bad genes" of dark skin and flat noses so we carry a disadvantage with us in the dating game. but that's okay since the most important beauty standard a man has is his ability to provide.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You guys are missing the point. An "Asian American" board has been here for a long time without causing any division. So why would a "Black Americans" board? It has nothing to do with division. It's simply to talk about Black American culture and the issues they face as a type of minority.

Sure, if people are truly interested in one, we could have a "White Americans" board too.

But the point is, there are MANY black American members on this forum, so it warrants such a board. If we had a ton of Hispanic American members here, it would warrant it too. But we don't.

Bottom line: Black American culture and groups are REAL. So are Asian American cultures and groups. So why deny them? They are REAL and they have issues, sub-cultures, stars, role models, etc. So what's with the denial? There is no intent of division here.

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:You guys are missing the point. An "Asian American" board has been here for a long time without causing any division. So why would a "Black Americans" board? It has nothing to do with division. It's simply to talk about Black American culture and the issues they face as a type of minority.
You continue to miss the point.

If you set up separate boards by ethnic boundaries you do the following:

1) Identify who is what race
2) Set off conversations away from other groups
But the point is, there are MANY black American members on this forum, so it warrants such a board. If we had a ton of Hispanic American members here, it would warrant it too. But we don't.
This is pure American thinking:

"If there are XX numbers of an ethnic group then logically it follows that another board must be created for said group."

Wow, you ARE Americanized, aren't you?

No we DO NOT need separate boards just because there are Black or Hispanic or Asian members.

Who cares?

It's not important and it points out who is what race, which is a bad idea.
Bottom line: Black American culture and groups are REAL. So are Asian American cultures and groups. So why deny them? They are REAL and they have issues, sub-cultures, stars, role models, etc. So what's with the denial? There is no intent of division here.
This last sentence would only be written by an American. Who cares, Winston? In the rest of the planet no one gives a f**k. Look at Brasil. Different skin colors, races, ethnic groups. Everyone is just plain 'Brazilian'. Your opinion is pure PC, think in terms of race, separate everyone in to their own little groups, 100 % American, nonsense.

I know dozens of guys who run forums about men, dating, women, living overseas and travel.

Not a one sets off sub boards by skin color or ethnic group, even though membership is 30% black.

Why?

Because it isn't important and making the ideas independent of skin color is a wise choice. It builds a sense of community and makes what skin color everyone has a complete, total and irrelevant non-issue. The more you harp on this the more you obsess about it and the more you point out who is what skin color and it just is not important. The other forums I know don't do it, and you should not do it either.

Ideas are colorblind and I want to read (and most others here, as revealed by the posts in this thread, want to read) ideas that are independent of skin color.

It's your forum and you are free to make bad choices like allow Conspiracy Theory talk in 'General Discussion', or make a board for this, that and the other ethnic group.

I disagree and I have stated my reasons why.

Again, I vote NO.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

There shouldn't be any division here. white, black, brown, blue, green we are all in the same boat when it comes Anglo women
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If anyone has race problems- which are real, he can just post for everyone to see on regular boards and people of all colors may share their opinions and advice. Even if we are not of that color/race, we may know someone who is and give our experience. I can give a lot of advise to people of all races because I have had so many friends who have overcome race problems by moving to certain countries. Sure, in order to feel it deeper, it helps to be one, so those guys should also post with everyone else. If we create a special board, then other people will feel excluded.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!