Lack of site margins in forum

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
drealm
Junior Poster

Lack of site margins in forum

Post by drealm »

Winston thank you for trying to improve your site. It's not the design I would of chosen, but I understand design is subjective and you also have a limited amount of time to fix things. Realistically I don't expect you to change most things so I won't pester you too much.

One new change that does make your site particularly unenjoyable to visit is that there is the lack of margin between browser edge and forum. This makes your site blend into my desktop and other windows. A larger margin would help separate the forum content from my desktop and other applications windows.

Here is how the margin is now:

Here is how it would look with a larger margin:

If you would consider making this change at some point in the future I would appreciate it very much.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Lack of site margins in forum

Post by Winston »

What don't you like about the forum theme? Ok I see what you mean about the margins. They are pushed out to the edge because of the sidebar ads probably. I'll try to find a way to shrink the forum body so that some margins appear.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Thanks for considering this.

Cheers
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Ok I was able to create a little margin on every page, including the forum index page. It's not as big as I would like, but it's better than nothing. How does it look drealm? Is it acceptable?

The thing is, I had to play and experiment with a lot of numbers in a CSS theme file to get this margin. It's not a straight forward simple process at all. If anyone here knows HTML code, here is the relevant section I had to play with by changing numbers around. Perhaps someone else here can look at it and figure out how to create bigger margins. The page body part is the only section I changed to get the margins. As you can see, it's not as simple as inserting a set margin on both sides. The way this forum is coded is very weird.

Code: Select all

/* Main blocks
---------------------------------------- */
#wrap {
	padding: 0 20px;
	min-width: 650px;
}

#simple-wrap {
	padding: 6px 10px;
}

#page-body {
    margin: 1px 15px;
    clear: both;
    width:97%;
}  
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston this is excellent. I think we can consider this fixed.

Thank you so much for responding and doing your best to create a solution.