Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should mods be stricter on trolls and shitposting?

Yes, action should be taken against disruptive members and low-effort content should be removed
86%
No, I like the forum as it is
14%
I don't care either way
No votes

Total votes: 7
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should HA mods be stricter on trolls, shitposting and low-effort content?

Post by gsjackson »

Pixel-Dude, are you paying attention to this clown, kangarunner? Just as dumb as a box of rocks, and constantly belligerent. I'm putting his sorry ass on ignore -- first time I've ever done it -- but you should continue to pay attention to him.

How do you work the ignore function?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

gsjackson wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 4:34 pm
Pixel-Dude, are you paying attention to this clown, kangarunner? Just as dumb as a box of rocks, and constantly belligerent. I'm putting his sorry ass on ignore -- first time I've ever done it -- but you should continue to pay attention to him.

Click on his profile and add him to your foe list. Then you shouldn't be able to see anything he posts. What is it he has done? I haven't seen anything he has said.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 4:55 pm
gsjackson wrote:

Click on his profile and add him to your foe list. Then you shouldn't be able to see anything he posts. What is it he has done? I haven't seen anything he has said.
Check out the cancer thread and the Question for Cornfed thread.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

gsjackson wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 4:56 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 4:55 pm
gsjackson wrote:

Check out the cancer thread and the Question for Cornfed thread.
Okay I'll have a look.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Wow. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read, on this forum or anywhere else online. Honour to you, @Pixel--Dude and obviously @MarcosZeitola, for embracing a fragile someone when they need you the most.

I wish some of those Google drones who relegated this place to "junkyard status" could read the above and know, as some of us know, that this is a very special kind of junkyard.
Thanks! Well, Pixel--Dude and I are always willing to help those who need it. Because of unfortunate events concerning a late friend of ours, we take suicidal messages and talk of self-harm very seriously. We reached out to Tsar fearing that he was going to do something stupid. Our original intention was simply to make sure that he was okay. However, once we got to know him, we found Tsar very endearing and ended up forming a genuine friendship with him.

The Filipino concept of "bayanihan" definitely resonates with me. I enjoy taking others under my wing and helping them to improve their situation in life knowing that nobody is an island, that everybody depends on somebody else somehow, and that others have done the same for me in the past. I see it as a "giving back" kind of thing. In contrast, I find the hyper-individualistic Anglo mentality completely alien, despite growing up in that culture myself.
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 3:09 pm
I don't know about Tsar's ethnicity, is he a white dude?

I only know little bit of info about Tsar.. I know his from Rhode Island, majored in Finance, outcast in America, likes virgin Russia girls,
went to Bulgaria, threatened suicide and the rest remains sketchy for me..

I am just giving you a brief overview of kind of environment that I grew up in.. I don't know.. perhaps I have more "Willpower" that I didn't end up like Mr. Tsar. I don't think I need project NBC.. but thanks for your offer. :)
Tsar is Italian-American. He grew up in an extremely strict and hysterical religious family and became estranged from his parents. His upbringing was far from ideal. On top of that, Tsar suffers from a speech impediment. Unfortunately, this resulted in him not being socially accepted, which in turn led to his social withdrawal. For Tsar, it was never a question of will power (he is actually really strong-willed given his determination to get out of the US and live abroad); he simply had a lot of problems that held him back and stunted his social growth, especially the speech impediment. Tsar is not like some charity case; he's a fighter who strives to advance despite the shitty cards that he was dealt in life.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Lucas88

I didn't know his Italian-American. Tsar is full of surprises.. :shock:
Well damn, It must have been really hard for him. It's really tough to live in America. Everybody only cares making money. No soul left.
I hope You, Publicduende, Pixel-dude, Marco Z give him all the help he needs.
Looking forward to see his development.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 6:10 pm
@Lucas88

I didn't know his Italian-American. Tsar is full of surprises.. :shock:
Well damn, It must have been really hard for him. It's really tough to live in America. Everybody only cares making money. No soul left.
I hope You, Publicduende, Pixel-dude, Marco Z give him all the help he needs.
Looking forward to see his development.
Oh, I didn't know he's partly Italian! One more reason to help a "paisa'" :)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 5:43 pm
Tsar is Italian-American. He grew up in an extremely strict and hysterical religious family and became estranged from his parents. His upbringing was far from ideal. On top of that, Tsar suffers from a speech impediment. Unfortunately, this resulted in him not being socially accepted, which in turn led to his social withdrawal. For Tsar, it was never a question of will power (he is actually really strong-willed given his determination to get out of the US and live abroad); he simply had a lot of problems that held him back and stunted his social growth, especially the speech impediment. Tsar is not like some charity case; he's a fighter who strives to advance despite the shitty cards that he was dealt in life.
A nice Filipino girl who will accept him for who he is and show him the kind of "maternal" affection he never received, would be a good idea for him. of course she needs to be the right kind of girl. Families usually frown upon marriages if the girl is younger than 18.

Every family's dream is that their daughters will finish college, so they can have at least a solid chance to find a job and be financially independent (and maybe give their family some money every month) before they can get married. Of course quite a few of them fail to keep their urges at bay and get pregnant with their young boyfriends, who systematically leave them...and that's how you get a typical Filipino single mom!
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 8:49 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 5:43 pm
A nice Filipino girl who will accept him for who he is and show him the kind of "maternal" affection he never received, would be a good idea for him. of course she needs to be the right kind of girl. Families usually frown upon marriages if the girl is younger than 18.

Every family's dream is that their daughters will finish college, so they can have at least a solid chance to find a job and be financially independent (and maybe give their family some money every month) before they can get married. Of course quite a few of them fail to keep their urges at bay and get pregnant with their young boyfriends, who systematically leave them...and that's how you get a typical Filipino single mom!
I think that the idea is for @MarcosZeitola to introduce Tsar to some of his old acquaintances in a small town in the Philippines and help him get set up there. Then, once he is sufficiently integrated into the community, Tsar will be able to find a suitable virgin girl with the right values and feel like the high-status king that he's always wanted to be. That will be his victory!

Tsar has lived abroad for a while now, first in Mexico and then in various countries in Eastern Europe, but he has always lived alone and has never been integrated into a community. I'm a big proponent of full integration into the host culture and community when it comes to living the HA life. I advocate for forming friendships with locals, learning the language to a high level, joining clubs that consist mostly of locals, etc. I'm sure that Tsar will do much better with community life in the Philippines with MZ introducing him. He will be able to thrive socially for the first time ever.

I'm extremely optimistic about MZ's plan for Tsar. I think that it's an excellent idea, the best yet!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 3:21 pm
I think that the idea is for @MarcosZeitola to introduce Tsar to some of his old acquaintances in a small town in the Philippines and help him get set up there. Then, once he is sufficiently integrated into the community, Tsar will be able to find a suitable virgin girl with the right values and feel like the high-status king that he's always wanted to be. That will be his victory!

Tsar has lived abroad for a while now, first in Mexico and then in various countries in Eastern Europe, but he has always lived alone and has never been integrated into a community. I'm a big proponent of full integration into the host culture and community when it comes to living the HA life. I advocate for forming friendships with locals, learning the language to a high level, joining clubs that consist mostly of locals, etc. I'm sure that Tsar will do much better with community life in the Philippines with MZ introducing him. He will be able to thrive socially for the first time ever.

I'm extremely optimistic about MZ's plan for Tsar. I think that it's an excellent idea, the best yet!
I wholeheartedly agree. Medium-size towns like Butuan or Cagayan de Oro in Mindanao, Iloilo and Dumaguete in the Visayas, and Baguio in Luzon, would be perfect for him, in fact not only for him.

About "finding a suitable virgin", I think he would have no problem finding her. About "finding a suitable teenage virgin", I think there would be trouble there. Culturally the Philippines are still conservative. Families are very protective about their daughters/sisters/nieces/female cousins until they are considered mature enough to make independent choices about their lives. This usually happens after college, so around the age of 21-23. Still young enough for a guy like Tsar.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 4:28 pm
Culturally the Philippines are still conservative. Families are very protective about their daughters/sisters/nieces/female cousins until they are considered mature enough to make independent choices about their lives. This usually happens after college, so around the age of 21-23. Still young enough for a guy like Tsar.
That is contradictory. If they support females going to college they are a Satanic feminist death cult and therefore not conservative.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 4:34 pm
That is contradictory. If they support females going to college they are a Satanic feminist death cult and therefore not conservative.
You lived in Korea, you should know education is an obsession for Asians, a symbol of social promotion. There's little Satanic in the dream, or delusion, of investing on a child's education so they can do better in life and give some money back to their parents and younger sibling. Obviously, we're very far from the kind of liberal arts education chosen out of fancy: all families want their kida to have STEM degrees, maybe go to nursing or med school, or law if they can afford the tuition.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 4:39 pm
Cornfed wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 4:34 pm
You lived in Korea, you should know education is an obsession for Asians, a symbol of social promotion. There's little Satanic in the dream, or delusion, of investing on a child's education so they can do better in life and give some money back to their parents and younger sibling. Obviously, we're very far from the kind of liberal arts education chosen out of fancy: all families want their kida to have STEM degrees, maybe go to nursing or med school, or law if they can afford the tuition.
There is no excuse for sending females to college, particularly STEM. That just destroys both STEM and the possibility of restoring it by eliminating the breeding of new STEM people. But in any case, there is certainly nothing conservative about it.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 5:01 pm
There is no excuse for sending females to college, particularly STEM. That just destroys both STEM and the possibility of restoring it by eliminating the breeding of new STEM people. But in any case, there is certainly nothing conservative about it.
Mate, unless they are so rich that they don't care about them becoming painters and poets, Filipino families want their kids to become money-making machines, one way or another. If a STEM or nursing or med degree is what it takes, they pursue that happily. I don't think many down here would be concerned about the woke drift of college education, or watered-down grading. This is a country that has more substantial problems to solve.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 5:13 pm
This is a country that has more substantial problems to solve.
It sounds like the problems will get much worse.