Should New Users With Tor IP Addresses Be Approved?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should new users with Tor IP addresses be approved?

Yes. This could alienate potentially innocent newcomers.
40%
No. They're most likely trolls or existing users making sockpuppets.
60%

Total votes: 5
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should New Users With Tor IP Addresses Be Approved?

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
May 12th, 2023, 2:16 pm
I'd say early to mid 20s. I can't remember. Not less than 7.
Early 20s being 20-23 and Mid 20s being 24-26?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I couldn't tell you their exact ages Tsar.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 12th, 2023, 4:04 am
What do you guys think to a suggestion I made to @Winston about newcomers not being approved if they are using Tor browser. Mercer logged in with a Tor browser and was an obvious troll larping as some black pill incel. He then made his Chandler account and once I banned this account he kicked off in the shoutbox. With both accounts he signed up using a Tor browser.

My question to you all is this: to combat trolls who only want to cause disruption and hide their identity or existing members who make countless sockpuppets and use Tor to hide their identity, should we disapprove posts made by users who log in with an IP made through Tor?

I know some people might use Tor because they're private, but let's be honest here. 9/10 of users who make an account here on Happierabroad and use Tor are trolls.

I made a thread here about putting an end to trolls on Happierabroad: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=24&t=48414 which is kind of connected to this topic. Where I ask if they should just be removed instantly without going through the normal process of warnings and bans of incremental amounts of time.

This thing with Tor is just a suggestion to make the forum better for everyone. A place without disruptive trolls and assholes who want to flood the board with sockpuppets used to abuse other users.

What are your thoughts? Do you use Tor?

Also a side note: any existing members using Tor wouldn't be affected by this. It would only be newcomers who wouldn't have their initial posts approved.
@Pixel--Dude

This is interesting, I didn't see it before because I haven't been around for awhile.

I did not vote (not sure the right answer), but I always use a VPN. Is that the same end result from your POV since it masks the IP?
(And is that why someone else thought I was Mr Mistofelees or whatever he calls himself?!? Maybe he's using the same free VPN as me? LOL.)

But if the trolls are giving you too much grief, do what you gotta do:
Obviously if some jews take over as mods and then ban everyone who tries to discuss the "JQ" and/or opposition to globohomo, then I'd just leave since this forum would become worthless to me, since no one in their right mind wants to move to a foreign country full of jewish pedophiles after you were forbidden from discussing (((them))).

But if it actually does stay a legit free speech forum (unlike kiked jokes like Rumble who bullshit that they're about free speech but then ban anyone for "antisemitism") then I'd say all of us who are sincere members wouldn't mind being held to a higher standard of civility.
(I can see the "chicken in egg" problem though, because if the trolls are allowed to run rampant then the rest of us don't neccesarily want to hold back either, LOL.)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 7:05 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 12th, 2023, 4:04 am
What do you guys think to a suggestion I made to @Winston about newcomers not being approved if they are using Tor browser. Mercer logged in with a Tor browser and was an obvious troll larping as some black pill incel. He then made his Chandler account and once I banned this account he kicked off in the shoutbox. With both accounts he signed up using a Tor browser.

My question to you all is this: to combat trolls who only want to cause disruption and hide their identity or existing members who make countless sockpuppets and use Tor to hide their identity, should we disapprove posts made by users who log in with an IP made through Tor?

I know some people might use Tor because they're private, but let's be honest here. 9/10 of users who make an account here on Happierabroad and use Tor are trolls.

I made a thread here about putting an end to trolls on Happierabroad: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=24&t=48414 which is kind of connected to this topic. Where I ask if they should just be removed instantly without going through the normal process of warnings and bans of incremental amounts of time.

This thing with Tor is just a suggestion to make the forum better for everyone. A place without disruptive trolls and assholes who want to flood the board with sockpuppets used to abuse other users.

What are your thoughts? Do you use Tor?

Also a side note: any existing members using Tor wouldn't be affected by this. It would only be newcomers who wouldn't have their initial posts approved.
@Pixel--Dude

This is interesting, I didn't see it before because I haven't been around for awhile.

I did not vote (not sure the right answer), but I always use a VPN. Is that the same end result from your POV since it masks the IP?
(And is that why someone else thought I was Mr Mistofelees or whatever he calls himself?!? Maybe he's using the same free VPN as me? LOL.)

But if the trolls are giving you too much grief, do what you gotta do:
Obviously if some jews take over as mods and then ban everyone who tries to discuss the "JQ" and/or opposition to globohomo, then I'd just leave since this forum would become worthless to me, since no one in their right mind wants to move to a foreign country full of jewish pedophiles after you were forbidden from discussing (((them))).

But if it actually does stay a legit free speech forum (unlike kiked jokes like Rumble who bullshit that they're about free speech but then ban anyone for "antisemitism") then I'd say all of us who are sincere members wouldn't mind being held to a higher standard of civility.
(I can see the "chicken in egg" problem though, because if the trolls are allowed to run rampant then the rest of us don't neccesarily want to hold back either, LOL.)
I don't think this will ever be enforced. But I can't tell if someone is using a VPN, I can see if someone is using Tor though. My argument was that new users using Tor are most likely trolls and at the very least should be watched closely.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.