is this forum dead? lol

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
kukushka
Freshman Poster

is this forum dead? lol

Post by kukushka »

this forum has a massive amount of old posts giving it the appearance of being busy but actually day to day activity/users seems really low. has the forum always been this way?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: is this forum dead? lol

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kukushka wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 1:01 pm
this forum has a massive amount of old posts giving it the appearance of being busy but actually day to day activity/users seems really low. has the forum always been this way?
It goes through phases of being busy and then quiet etc. At the moment the forum is pretty quiet.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

Yes, this forum is basically dead at this point other than a few regulars who continue posting but who knows how long that will even last. I'm new here and have been trying to get caught up on this forum and can see that it had much more activity in the past. Even Winston seems to have given up on it and only seems to post once in awhile when he's either defending himself against someone making a mean comment to him or literally talking to himself in one of the threads that he only posts and responds to.
Last edited by Epsilon99 on September 23rd, 2023, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kukushka wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 1:01 pm
At this point, HA is being used almost like a private community, with a handful of posters creating new topics or weighing in.

Notably, one of HA's most beloved Members, @Falcon has been back for a few days, writing quality posts.

I think there is a mutual understanding, among all the long-time Members at least, that, no matter how long they will be out of here, they will always be welcome back and be "among old friends".

I think this is the real positive about HA.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 7:37 pm
At this point, HA is being used almost like a private community, with a handful of posters creating new topics or weighing in.

Notably, one of HA's most beloved Members, @Falcon has been back for a few days, writing quality posts.

I think there is a mutual understanding, among all the long-time Members at least, that, no matter how long they will be out of here, they will always be welcome back and be "among old friends".

I think this is the real positive about HA.
You sound like a politician...you even used the word "notably". omg...Just shoot me in the head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Yes.. this forum is dying a slow putrid death. I'm taking a "real hiatus" now not that anyone here cares, anyway.
It's been fun , but I'm really bored now since cornfed is gone. Bye guys. Sayonara.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 8:52 pm
You sound like a politician...you even used the word "notably". omg...Just shoot me in the head.
Not sure what you mean.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

publicduende wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 4:27 am
kangarunner wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 8:52 pm
Not sure what you mean.
lol all of this coming from a guy who is always trolling the place with Democrat talk.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
September 23rd, 2023, 9:42 pm
Yes.. this forum is dying a slow putrid death. I'm taking a "real hiatus" now not that anyone here cares, anyway.
It's been fun , but I'm really bored now since cornfed is gone. Bye guys. Sayonara.
I don't know why he would get into a scrap with Wintson though. But it's strange how this place is dying, X/Twitter is still very much alive.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 6:45 am
lol all of this coming from a guy who is always trolling the place with Democrat talk.
You mean I am not spouting nonsense about treating black as animals, Western women as slaves, and killing 99.9% of the world population. Guilty as charged! :)
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

publicduende wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 4:15 pm

You mean I am not spouting nonsense about treating black as animals, Western women as slaves, and killing 99.9% of the world population. Guilty as charged! :)
Lol by that metric I guess I'm a Democrat, too. Love me some senile elderly politicians. Go, Biden, go! :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

To be fair, you know a forum has gotten bad and is dying when even someone like Cornfed leaves because it's below his standards.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Evolution theory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Most forums have closed down. This has survived over a lot of them thus is doing well in comparison, it's a shame the forum model of communication and debate has decreased from where we were with it 10-15 years ago.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 5:58 pm
Most forums have closed down. This has survived over a lot of them thus is doing well in comparison, it's a shame the forum model of communication and debate has decreased from where we were with it 10-15 years ago.
I am not so shure about that. Troll forums like this are mostly closed but many are going very strong but trolls get banned quickly there.