Winston - A Word About Your Website

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Winston - A Word About Your Website

Post by globetrotter »

My connection was very slow this week and I was browsing it yesterday and it occurred to me that you have a large number of ads with photos. A lot. It was taking a looong time to load.

So I looked at the figures for your homepage.

Your website's homepage is 2 MB in size for someone to view!!!

That is 10X larger than it should be. I honestly do not know of any website single page that is so large with so many images and photos and photo ads. The same issue pops up when you post a dozen hi-res photos to a thread like here.

Most sites are 55k to 300k.

Not everyone has a 100 MB broadband connection and some of your potential customers might not have the patience to let it load.
ultraviolet
Freshman Poster

Post by ultraviolet »

A comment about the web site that's related - is it possible to have an option to not have all the pictures of girls, and especially the avatars? It looks cheesy when I'm at a coffee shop on my laptop and definitely not good for if I want to surf your site at work.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

First, this thread should be in the Suggestions and Feedback board, so I'm moving it there.

If your computer is slow in loading up this site, try what Momopi suggests. Turn off pictures and graphics in your browser settings. Then it will load much faster.

Everything on this site is there for a reason. The ads have been profitable in some way, or else they wouldn't be there.

But I'll keep that mind and maybe lessen a few of them that haven't been performing as well.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne