Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Mobile Theme       Dark Theme


Ask me about New Zealand

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Australia, New Zealand and the Oceania region.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1729
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 4:07 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Johnny1975 » January 29th, 2020, 2:40 am

yick wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
My mother is a fat transsexual with a profile on pinalove (https://www.pinalove.com/johnny1975) and I'm a faggot retard.
We are all aware of this.
Inspired Expat : ​ Expat Lifestyle Discussion.
https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/

Location Independent Expat Relocate : ​ If you want to move abroad, but you can't decide where, I can help you.
http://lierelocate.weebly.com/

Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Light » February 6th, 2020, 7:10 pm

Cornfed wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm
I’ve been on this forum for over a decade and have repeatedly doxxed myself, but it seems only now have people got it through their skulls where I am from. So it is a good time for me to perform a public service by answering questions related to NZ. Don’t ask me about contemporary politics or the stupid stuff portrayed on TV, because I think they are irrelevant and don’t care about them. But for other stuff, ask away.
I have questions about NZ wildlife. How common is it for someone to be hiking or out in nature and see a Kiwi (bird) and other birds native to NZ? Are the birds in New Zealand really friendly like articles say and people could go up to them and pick them up? The articles said the biggest reason most birds in New Zealand are endangered and many at risk of becoming extinct is because there use to be no natural predators so they lost the ability to fly, and now rats, domesticated and feral animals like cats and dogs are killing them and eating the eggs because the birds didn't use to have any predators so they didn't learn to feel threatened by other animals.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7625
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Cornfed » February 6th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Light wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 7:10 pm
I have questions about NZ wildlife. How common is it for someone to be hiking or out in nature and see a Kiwi (bird) and other birds native to NZ? Are the birds in New Zealand really friendly like articles say and people could go up to them and pick them up? The articles said the biggest reason most birds in New Zealand are endangered and many at risk of becoming extinct is because there use to be no natural predators so they lost the ability to fly, and now rats, domesticated and feral animals like cats and dogs are killing them and eating the eggs because the birds didn't use to have any predators so they didn't learn to feel threatened by other animals.
Kiwi sightings are pretty rare. For one thing they are nocturnal. II myself have only seen kiwis in the wild on a couple of occasions when out shooting possums. It is very common to see various other native birds. Some birds are friendly such as fantails. In fact one was bothering me at work today. Then you have birds like kea that are somewhat fearless and aggressive. In general though, no, most birds are not tame. Maybe the article is thinking of sanctuaries you can visit where the birds feel safe. Yes it true that predators are a major problem. It is not so much that the birds don't feel threatened as they tend to be K-selected in that they are long lived and slow to reproduce, so ill-equipped to deal with the new predator filled environment. An interesting feature about conservation work in NZ is that it is largely about killing things, which apparently causes NZ conservation workers to be regarded as barbaric by their overseas counterparts.
Last edited by Cornfed on February 7th, 2020, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

yick
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1136
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 2:11 am

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by yick » February 6th, 2020, 9:32 pm

What's the future of New Zealand, will it one day become a republic? Will it become more Polynesian or more East Asian in character?

How would you encourage more British/Irish immigration to even it all out?

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7625
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Cornfed » February 6th, 2020, 10:02 pm

yick wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:32 pm
What's the future of New Zealand, will it one day become a republic? Will it become more Polynesian or more East Asian in character?

How would you encourage more British/Irish immigration to even it all out?
The future of NZ is that if nothing is done it will crash and burn and become a giant prison farm staffed by whoever is most convenient for the global elite at the time, which is how the global elite viewed NZ all along. Hopefully something will be done, but the revolution will have to begin in America. No-one cares that much about becoming a republic or not, except that we have a sentimental attachment for the British monarchy and such things as Knighthoods and VCs. Personally I don’t like British Isles immigration any more than any other immigration. They are a pain in the ass and generally arrogant, and they are put into government positions, presumably to maintain white type standards while denying local white men influence. We just need to get all recent immigrants the hell out. Then we need to deal with our own racial problems. I would actually favour a kind of two state solution to do that.

Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Light » February 6th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Cornfed wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 10:02 pm
yick wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 9:32 pm
What's the future of New Zealand, will it one day become a republic? Will it become more Polynesian or more East Asian in character?

How would you encourage more British/Irish immigration to even it all out?
The future of NZ is that if nothing is done it will crash and burn and become a giant prison farm staffed by whoever is most convenient for the global elite at the time, which is how the global elite viewed NZ all along. Hopefully something will be done, but the revolution will have to begin in America. No-one cares that much about becoming a republic or not, except that we have a sentimental attachment for the British monarchy and such things as Knighthoods and VCs. Personally I don’t like British Isles immigration any more than any other immigration. They are a pain in the ass and generally arrogant, and they are put into government positions, presumably to maintain white type standards while denying local white men influence. We just need to get all recent immigrants the hell out. Then we need to deal with our own racial problems. I would actually favour a kind of two state solution to do that.
What are VCs? Viscounts of British nobility or something different?

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7625
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Cornfed » February 6th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Light wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 10:16 pm
What are VCs? Viscounts of British nobility or something different?
I mean the Victoria Cross, the highest medal for bravery you can win in a war in the British Empire. If you have one of those it can never be rescinded, men will grovel at your feet, women's panties will drop, jobs will be offered and your life will be great. It probably wouldn't be taken so seriously if an equivalent medal were offered by the NZ government, who everyone justifiably hates. There is something about Mother England that most kiwis feel in our souls.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7625
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Cornfed » February 7th, 2020, 12:56 am

Light wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 7:10 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm
I’ve been on this forum for over a decade and have repeatedly doxxed myself, but it seems only now have people got it through their skulls where I am from. So it is a good time for me to perform a public service by answering questions related to NZ. Don’t ask me about contemporary politics or the stupid stuff portrayed on TV, because I think they are irrelevant and don’t care about them. But for other stuff, ask away.
I have questions about NZ wildlife. How common is it for someone to be hiking or out in nature and see a Kiwi (bird) and other birds native to NZ? Are the birds in New Zealand really friendly like articles say and people could go up to them and pick them up? The articles said the biggest reason most birds in New Zealand are endangered and many at risk of becoming extinct is because there use to be no natural predators so they lost the ability to fly, and now rats, domesticated and feral animals like cats and dogs are killing them and eating the eggs because the birds didn't use to have any predators so they didn't learn to feel threatened by other animals.
Just to reiterate this, the basic thesis of your post was to ask if NZ birds are naive and trusting. The answer is no, that is generally not true. They generally can fly, and will fly away from you if you approach them, just like most birds.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7625
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Ask me about New Zealand

Post by Cornfed » February 15th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 7:50 pm
I notice that the man in the video picture’s eyes are green-brown like mine. I don’t know, but I bet we share a great grandfather.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Australia, New Zealand, Oceania Region”