Why People Are Relocating to Kenya

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why People Are Relocating to Kenya

Post by Taco »

Irony Alert: The American Dream is only affordable overseas....

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Why People Are Relocating to Kenya

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Taco wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 6:15 pm

lol I doubt a whole lot of people want to relocate to Africa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The american dream is only affordable overseas IN POOR NATIONS.
And those POOR nations are moving in to all of the Western ones.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 7:47 pm
Taco wrote:
December 7th, 2023, 6:15 pm

lol I doubt a whole lot of people want to relocate to Africa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The american dream is only affordable overseas IN POOR NATIONS.
And those POOR nations are moving in to all of the Western ones.
Africa is the new California but most people don't know it yet...

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Kenya is beautiful and safe. You think you can buy beachside property on coastline that standard in your countries that won't run into the millions? You guys just stay where you are and continue being as miserable as sin. Yeah - Akron Ohio is better than Mombassa - says nobody ever.

The problem with some of you people is if you can convince yourself everywhere else is shit outside of America then you don't have to get off your arse and make an effort but I am happy to put dollars to pigshit that there are Kenyans doing far better than either of you two and that there are definitely expats happy in Kenya and living safe and prosperous lives. :D
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
December 20th, 2023, 9:37 pm
Kenya is beautiful and safe. You think you can buy beachside property on coastline that standard in your countries that won't run into the millions? You guys just stay where you are and continue being as miserable as sin. Yeah - Akron Ohio is better than Mombassa - says nobody ever.

The problem with some of you people is if you can convince yourself everywhere else is shit outside of America then you don't have to get off your arse and make an effort but I am happy to put dollars to pigshit that there are Kenyans doing far better than either of you two and that there are definitely expats happy in Kenya and living safe and prosperous lives. :D
A co-worker from Kenya mentioned a plateau where weather is very moderate. If you want 60-70 degree F weather, that's a possibility, or cooler temperatures higher up.

Are there cities with international restaurants and shopping, nice houses or apartments? Do you have to live in a big polluted city to get that? Is it typical to have maids there?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrMan wrote:
December 21st, 2023, 11:30 am
yick wrote:

A co-worker from Kenya mentioned a plateau where weather is very moderate. If you want 60-70 degree F weather, that's a possibility, or cooler temperatures higher up.

Are there cities with international restaurants and shopping, nice houses or apartments? Do you have to live in a big polluted city to get that? Is it typical to have maids there?
Kenya is pretty good huh?
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 21st, 2023, 11:32 am
MrMan wrote:
December 21st, 2023, 11:30 am
yick wrote:

Kenya is pretty good huh?
Is it a popular expat destination? What work opportunities are there?

I'd imagine for niches in engineering, management and other business fields, if one can get into something that would take off as African economies develop, Kenya could be a good place to be career-wise. What is the pollution like there?

And in keeping with the theme of the forum ---for single men who like traditional African women, it could be a good place to go. I'm older and married now. When I was young and single, the subsaharan African-woman look didn't really appeal much to me.. maybe with very rare exception, and those would generally be inhabitants of the Horn.

Are there any cities in the plateau area that have all kinds of food and shopping where the whether is always moderate? A quick search seems to indicate Nairobi weather is rather mild, but it gets down into the 50's and up in the 80's.

What kinds of jobs do expats do there? I suppose locals could get jobs like POTUS. :)
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Get a haircut. you'll feel a lot better afterwards...