Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (book)

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (book)

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Whats up guys?! I just got a hold of this book called, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Andrew Price and it's a good one!!!

"First published in 1939, this seminal book startled the worlds of science and nutrition with its documented evidence of primitive populations encountering civilization, adopting modern diets, and finding that their health worsened. It remains the basic book in this area and is essential reading for those concerned with food and health."

Random comments:

"Two years later, in 1979, I left home for what would be a 3-year hitchhiking trip around the globe. A year was spent traveling through Africa, and not a day would go by went I didn't see examples of what Weston Price was pointing out. Deep in Mali or Senegal or the Ivory Coast, you would see a vibrant health in people. Then go into the cities like Dakar or Bamako, and the bone structures and teeth and skin would have deteriorated. Just like Price's photographs. I remember thinking that this doesn't take a scientist or nutritionist to see this. Anyone, even a traveling hippie, could spot what was happening when humans moved from a whole foods diet, to a one filled with fake foods
."

"He traveled to the far corners of the world to find the most primitive cultures on each continent, and compared their traditional diets to the standard Western diet. Photo after photo in his book points up the glaring difference between the health and APPEARANCE of the natives of whatever culture nourished on their traditional diet and those whose diets had been disrupted and "displaced" by the "white diet"...a diet high in refined foods like white sugar, bleached white flour, polished rice, and synthetic fats. He also carefully laid out the guidelines for a natural unrefined diet that would be suitable for modern Americans. Too bad all that careful research and excellent advice has been ignored."

"This is one of the most amazing books on health I have ever read! Complete with pictures and documentation of various native races and the deterioration of their teeth, face, and bone structure when they went from their "native" diets and switched to "white man's" food. That is, mainly "white" flour, and "white" sugar (as well as other processed food). From this book I learned that these foods alter bone structure in ways not imaginable! Not only ruining the health of natives but destroying their magnificent and perfect teeth, thinning their skulls (and I thought I was a hardhead) and destroying their heritable bone lines within one generation!"

"Would it be crass say this book is the answer to new couples wanting to conceive and raise children who will grow up to have straight teeth, model beautiful cheekbones and manly square jaws? ;)

I fear that is the only way we can get past our current culture obsessed with lowfat oversugared fake food.

This book changed my life and the life of my son. In a time where vegetables-lowfat-tofu eating dietary principles are held up as the answer to health we are eating beef liver and cod liver oil, pastured meat and eggs, wild seafoods and raw grassfed milk, butter and cream, bone broths, soaked grains and nuts and fermented vegetables to try to achieve the 10x the RDA of fat soluble vitamins and 5x the RDA of minerals and water soluble vitamins that protected people around the globe from disease and enabled them to achieve their full genetic potential (ie. the wide palates, model cheekbones and manly square jaws!)"
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Random Review:

"It's hard to believe that so much has changed in our food supply in only 100yrs! There is so much sickness around, and yet people think they're healthy as long as they take their pills? How much vitality do the people have eating the white flour and sugar diet of the modern world (and chicken). Caged animals live longer than animals in the wild, but are they happy? Humans live like caged animals now, carefully housed, kept warm and fed at regular intervals. No dangers to be faced from wild animals. Many people survive to 90 or more, but they often can't do more than supply a job for a custodial worker! The primitive people living according to Nature's Law may not have lived quite as long as moderns, in some climates, but they must have LIVED."

Guys you HAVE to get this book! I got through chapter 2, and this chapter alone is worth the price of the book.

Looks like you can read the whole book here: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html