Diet plan for Winston - Any suggestions?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you think? Do I look thinner? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

This is dying for a james bond photoshop. Anyway, eat less, lift heavy, do cardio, and you'll look way better. It's not rocket surgery.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Monkro told me that the real culprit of fat in America is wheat. He said that when he eliminated wheat from his diet, his belly shrank by 60 percent. Last time I saw him, his belly looked very flat. He recommended I read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis.

Is that true? What do you think? Have you heard of this before? Why isn't this being discussed on the major media?

Well actually, CBS did a report on it. See below.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/modern-whea ... ctor-says/
Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says

(CBS News) Modern wheat is a "perfect, chronic poison," according to Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist who has published a book all about the world's most popular grain.

Davis said that the wheat we eat these days isn't the wheat your grandma had: "It's an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the '60s and '70s," he said on "CBS This Morning." "This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there's a new protein in this thing called gliadin. It's not gluten. I'm not addressing people with gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. I'm talking about everybody else because everybody else is susceptible to the gliadin protein that is an opiate. This thing binds into the opiate receptors in your brain and in most people stimulates appetite, such that we consume 440 more calories per day, 365 days per year."

Asked if the farming industry could change back to the grain it formerly produced, Davis said it could, but it would not be economically feasible because it yields less per acre. However, Davis said a movement has begun with people turning away from wheat - and dropping substantial weight.

"If three people lost eight pounds, big deal," he said. "But we're seeing hundreds of thousands of people losing 30, 80, 150 pounds. Diabetics become no longer diabetic; people with arthritis having dramatic relief. People losing leg swelling, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, and on and on every day."

To avoid these wheat-oriented products, Davis suggests eating "real food," such as avocados, olives, olive oil, meats, and vegetables. "(It's) the stuff that is least likely to have been changed by agribusiness," he said. "Certainly not grains. When I say grains, of course, over 90 percent of all grains we eat will be wheat, it's not barley... or flax. It's going to be wheat.

"It's really a wheat issue."

Some health resources, such as the Mayo Clinic, advocate a more balanced diet that does include wheat. But Davis said on "CTM" they're just offering a poor alternative.

"All that literature says is to replace something bad, white enriched products with something less bad, whole grains, and there's an apparent health benefit - 'Let's eat a whole bunch of less bad things.' So I take...unfiltered cigarettes and replace with Salem filtered cigarettes, you should smoke the Salems. That's the logic of nutrition, it's a deeply flawed logic. What if I take it to the next level, and we say, 'Let's eliminate all grains,' what happens then?

"That's when you see, not improvements in health, that's when you see transformations in health."
How can you avoid wheat though? Isn't it almost in everything?
Last edited by Winston on December 25th, 2013, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Monkro told me that the real culprit of fat in America is wheat. He said that when he eliminated wheat from his diet, his belly shrank by 60 percent. Last time I saw him, his belly looked very flat. He recommended I read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis.

Is that true? What do you think? Have you heard of this before? Why isn't this being discussed on the major media?

(CBS News) Modern wheat is a "perfect, chronic poison," according to Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist who has published a book all about the world's most popular grain.

Davis said that the wheat we eat these days isn't the wheat your grandma had: "It's an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the '60s and '70s," he said on "CBS This Morning." "This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there's a new protein in this thing called gliadin. It's not gluten. I'm not addressing people with gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. I'm talking about everybody else because everybody else is susceptible to the gliadin protein that is an opiate. This thing binds into the opiate receptors in your brain and in most people stimulates appetite, such that we consume 440 more calories per day, 365 days per year."

Asked if the farming industry could change back to the grain it formerly produced, Davis said it could, but it would not be economically feasible because it yields less per acre. However, Davis said a movement has begun with people turning away from wheat - and dropping substantial weight.

"If three people lost eight pounds, big deal," he said. "But we're seeing hundreds of thousands of people losing 30, 80, 150 pounds. Diabetics become no longer diabetic; people with arthritis having dramatic relief. People losing leg swelling, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, and on and on every day."

To avoid these wheat-oriented products, Davis suggests eating "real food," such as avocados, olives, olive oil, meats, and vegetables. "(It's) the stuff that is least likely to have been changed by agribusiness," he said. "Certainly not grains. When I say grains, of course, over 90 percent of all grains we eat will be wheat, it's not barley... or flax. It's going to be wheat.

Some health resources, such as the Mayo Clinic, advocate a more balanced diet that does include wheat. But Davis said on "CTM" they're just offering a poor alternative.

"All that literature says is to replace something bad, white enriched products with something less bad, whole grains, and there's an apparent health benefit - 'Let's eat a whole bunch of less bad things.' So I take...unfiltered cigarettes and replace with Salem filtered cigarettes, you should smoke the Salems. That's the logic of nutrition, it's a deeply flawed logic. What if I take it to the next level, and we say, 'Let's eliminate all grains,' what happens then?

"That's when you see, not improvements in health, that's when you see transformations in health."
What dude is right about some things, wrong about others. It's way too complicated to easily summarize. I'll follow up with some of the science tomorrow, what he is right and wrong about, and how you can use what he is right about to aid in weight loss. For now, I'm headed to bed.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

You definitely look like you have lost some fat since some of the other recent pictures you posted. It looks like you are holding most of the remaining fat in the midsection area. Your legs and arms looks quite small. If you were to shrink the midsection a bit while building up your chest, back, arms, shoulders and legs (muscle gains)...the overall physical appearance change would be dramatic. Your face would shrink/thin out at the same time. You can't just lose fat in one place, fat loss will come from everywhere...including the face.

I'm sure the info HouseMD will post later on will be helpful to you. The most important thing is to find out what works for you and stick with it. Your profile picture is from many years ago. Perhaps this is when you felt you were at your best. You are still young enough to surpass where you felt you were at your best previously. I suggest that you push yourself to your potential ASAP while you are still in the USA. If there are true benefits to being in the USA it's inexpensive gyms, available supplements, and the correct kinds of foods. If you would ever like to see yourself with a "six pack", then NOW is the time to do it. If you were to get very serious, I think many here could benefit and be motivated by your success with it.

Many here seem to downplay those things that you can do physically to better your chances/experiences with women. If you were to be at your physical potential, I guarantee you'd notice a chance. You'd have more confidence as a result and that confidence would give you even more success.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote:Monkro told me that the real culprit of fat in America is wheat. He said that when he eliminated wheat from his diet, his belly shrank by 60 percent. Last time I saw him, his belly looked very flat. He recommended I read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis.

Wheat does bloat your tummy. Especially stuff like breads & beer that's the two worst ones. You can avoid it by eating fresh. Eat whole foods, grown foods like; meat, fish, veges, fruits, peas, beans, seeds, nuts, all cooked in herbs & spices or eat them raw. My plate is always half cooked & half raw. It's a good eating practice. Drink water & juice fruits & veges. Drink nothing else.

You look better there seems to be some improvement.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do supplements like Lipozene really help you lose weight? Is it worth it?

http://www.lipozene.com

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

only if you do running *or any cardio* and watch what you eat.

Weight loss is easy, being healthy isn't.

Just eat less calories than it takes to maintain your current body weight, if you want I can give you more information just pm me, I lost 100lbs+ and got ripped.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Winston wrote:Do supplements like Lipozene really help you lose weight? Is it worth it?

http://www.lipozene.com
No, it's NOT worth it. There is nothing magical about the ingredients in that supplement and the price is not worth it for what you are actually getting. There are some supplements that CAN help you, but I wouldn't touch them until you have nearly reached your goal. Supplements are to break barriers, not to be used as a crutch IMO.

I recommend getting on a serious diet/exercise routine. Based on the last picture you posted, I'd say you could lose most of the fat that remains within 3-4 months. If you can't, then I'd get blood work to determine WHY your body is holding fat. There is always a way to get what you want in a way that is also very reasonable and not overboard whatsoever. It's just that people don't keep searching and then give up when they reach a road block. Just hop over it...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have a question. A BBC program said that thin people do not have faster metabolisms. They simply eat smaller portions than fat people do. Is that true? Have you noticed this about the thin people that you know?

After all, why are some people thin and others fat? Many thin people don't even exercise.

Is it because fat people eat for pleasure, even when they're not hungry, to try to fill the emptiness and depression of life?

tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Winston wrote:I have a question. A BBC program said that thin people do not have faster metabolisms. They simply eat smaller portions than fat people do. Is that true? Have you noticed this about the thin people that you know?

After all, why are some people thin and others fat? Many thin people don't even exercise.

Is it because fat people eat for pleasure, even when they're not hungry, to try to fill the emptiness and depression of life?
There are SO many variables as to why a person is fat or not. There are some definite causes and then there are some causes that will remain unknown unless you dig deeper.

Thin people may or may not have faster metabolisms than someone who is fat. They may eat less or they may eat more than a fat person. Any blanket statement like that is obviously misinformed.

Your best bet is go both diet AND exercise at the same time. MOST people will lose weight with this approach. You will notice that after eating healthy for awhile that you won't crave junk food anymore. When you start to see/feel results, you'll be more motivated to live a strict life.

However, sometimes a person won't be able to get as lean as they want through diet and exercise. It's then that they much dig deeper through blood work, Saliva and Urine testing. Two of the possible reasons for not being able to rid yourself of fat are:

1) Stress: This is the big one IMO. It causes inflammation throughout the body and adrenal fatigue. This will cause other organs to malfunction, such as the Thyroid. If one were to become Hypothyroid as a result, he will likely become Insulin Resistant. This can cause SHBG to lower, which causes Testosterone to plummet and Estrogen to rise. It will also cause high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol. It can cause high blood pressure. It can lead to full blown Metabolic Syndrome. Metabolic Syndrome is a very common occurrence in the USA and other western countries. Part of Metabolic Syndrome is keeping/maintaining a high percentage of fat around the midsection in particular. Much of this fat is visceral....surrounding the organs.

2) Toxicity: This could be from heavy metals, etc.. The body will often use fat to store toxins so that the body does not get poisoned by them...kind of like a buffer. Your body will not release this fat until those toxins are eliminated from the body.

There are likely many more than the two above, but the above are probably some of the most common reasons, BEHIND the unwillingness to diet and exercise of course. The two above can also cause premature aging, liver damage and many other issues as well...

This is why I push the importance of getting tests run if you can't seem to get to where you want to be physically.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do you get rid of a pot belly? It's sooooooooooooo hard! It won't go away! I eat only one meal a day and eat healthy and eat less carbs, but the pot belly just keeps getting bigger! Why won't it go away?! What's keeping it there? Now I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. WTF?! Why won't it go away no matter what I do?! Sheesh!

RollingStone
Freshman Poster

Post by RollingStone »

Winston wrote:How do you get rid of a pot belly? It's sooooooooooooo hard! It won't go away! I eat only one meal a day and eat healthy and eat less carbs, but the pot belly just keeps getting bigger! Why won't it go away?! What's keeping it there? Now I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. WTF?! Why won't it go away no matter what I do?! Sheesh!
Liposuction or getting AIDS makes you skinny - LOL
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HouseMD wrote:This is dying for a james bond photoshop. Anyway, eat less, lift heavy, do cardio, and you'll look way better. It's not rocket surgery.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This is what Winston would look like if he started exercising and lifting weights. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."