Is it possible to reverse or stop aging?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do you restrict calories? By restricting what foods? Is this the same as restricting carbohydrates?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:How do you restrict calories? By restricting what foods? Is this the same as restricting carbohydrates?
Its total calorie intake. U consume a total of like 1,200 calories a day or even less. Normal sized males eat more like 3,000 per day. Its kind of like eating as if u were in an area suffering famine. Ever see photos of western POWs after they had spent months or more in a Japanese prison camp in SE Asia during WWII? That's the way u might end up looking if u took it to an extreme enough level. That rats which were fed this way were able to have their lifespan extended 30% or more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Walt has just created a new page with excerpts from his reverse aging book, and addressed some of the questions in this thread at the bottom of it. See his replies to your questions here.

http://www.agelessadept.com/agingexcerpt.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Yes it is possible.

Plenty of great books on the subject.

Shouldn't cost you a cent.

If someone is trying to sell you something, they are lying.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

martinmay,
Your mind is very closed. I'm sure there are ways to look a little younger, for example, by detoxifying yourself. People have done it before.

My friend Elizabeth in LA said that when she fasted for a week, she detoxified herself and everyone told her she looked younger after that.

Sometimes detoxifying yourself of poisons and chemicals, or leading healthier lifestyles and exercising, can make you look healthier and thus a little younger in that sense.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The_Adventurer wrote:Yes it is possible.

Plenty of great books on the subject.

Shouldn't cost you a cent.

If someone is trying to sell you something, they are lying.
Why is someone lying just because they are selling something? Many people sell stuff on Ebay and corporations sell stuff at Walmart. But that doesn't make them liars. I sell my ebook, but that doesn't make me a liar. People need to make a living and be paid for their time and efforts. That's part of life and the economic system. Just because they try to make a living off of what they do or believe in, doesn't mean they are lying. That's a basic logic error.

You should evaluate each claim and weigh it against evidence from different sources (not just establishment sources) to determine how true or accurate a claim is. That's the logical way to do it. Ask questions. Seek answers. Open your mind to learning something new. Otherwise, if you close it, you might never learn anything new.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hold on a minute martinmay.

Walt is not any type of con artist at all. I've corresponded with him and he is definitely a very intelligent and passionate freethinking person who believes in what he says. Like me, he lives for freedom and freethought. That's his passion. He is opposed to the enslaving system just as you guys are. He is also very bright and has taught me things I didn't know. If you read some of his best books, you'd see that.

Now, whether he is right about reversing aging or not is another subject. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. But he definitely isn't deliberately lying or deceiving anyone in any way. In fact, he is not even greedy. He charges very low prices for his ebooks, even lower than mine. Would a greedy con man do that? No way. Con men live for a fast buck and will always charge exorbitant prices. But Walt is nothing like that. Actions speak louder than words, as they say. None of his actions are that of a con man. He is not manipulative in any way at all. So please control your pathological cynicism.

Furthermore, scientists themselves admit that they don't even understand what causes aging, so how can you be so sure and closed minded about it?

There is so much we don't know about the world and about the nature of reality even.

Remember what my favorite genuine aware freethinker Darryl Sloan said:

"The most productive mindset you can have is simply this: always, always, always have a belief system that doesn’t resist change. Go wherever the information leads you, without fear, because surely the truth is never something to dread." - Darryl Sloan, author of Reality Check

Take heed of that. Don't assume things or make definitive declarations of fact. Instead, ask questions and learn things. Remember that all great pioneers are ridiculed at first, before their theories become self-evident.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:How do you restrict calories? By restricting what foods? Is this the same as restricting carbohydrates?
http://www.calorierestriction.org/Frequ ... _Questions
http://www.crsociety.org/
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Rock wrote:Its total calorie intake. U consume a total of like 1,200 calories a day or even less. Normal sized males eat more like 3,000 per day. Its kind of like eating as if u were in an area suffering famine. Ever see photos of western POWs after they had spent months or more in a Japanese prison camp in SE Asia during WWII? That's the way u might end up looking if u took it to an extreme enough level. That rats which were fed this way were able to have their lifespan extended 30% or more.
The average sized, moderately active male (exercising 1 hour a day) needs around 2500 calories. Calorie restriction reduces this by 10-30%, 30% isn't that big of a drop but it was enough for the dramatic results in the CR experiment on monkeys. 1750 calories isn't that low at all for the dramatic longevity benefits. You will end up pretty skinny though, perhaps 10-20% less than your ideal weight.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

martinmay,
It turns out that you were more wrong than I thought. Walt is actually a highly credible person with a long standing solid reputation endorsed by many third party sources, including news articles, magazines (such as Time) and radio shows. See the links below for a mountain of evidence.

In fact, he has a strong aptitude in math and science, which is why he started his career as an engineer, after his college professors recommended it to him based on his test results.

Check out his articles and you will see how bright and innovative he is, as well as highly passionate, genuine and intelligent.

http://www.waltgoodridge.com/warchives.html#articles

Listen to his interviews here:

http://www.waltgoodridge.com/winterviews.html

List of news articles about him:

http://www.waltgoodridge.com/winthenews.html

If you Google him, you will find a lot of third party sources praising him and his accomplishments, some of which contain interviews with him - all of which give him a lot of credibility. Some examples:

Time Magazine:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 95,00.html

Senate Resolution on Saipan Island congratulates Walt Goodridge for his accomplishments and contributions to society:
http://www.destinationsaipan.com/discov ... lution.pdf

http://www.discoversaipan.com/walt.html

http://monique-mckenzie.suite101.com/tu ... it-a105528

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n15632340/

http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/walt_goodridge.html

http://www.task.fm/Walt-Goodridge

http://aalbc.com/authors/walt.htm

http://www.einfonews.com/profiles/waltgood.htm

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author. ... horid=8107

http://blog.chinatravel.net/china-trave ... dream.html

What an impressive guy huh?

Here are some photos of him when he was young. You can see the look of intelligence and ingenuity on his face.

ImageImage

Here is his interview posted on YouTube. He sounds so knowledgeable, passionate, aware and authentic. It's amazing. People like this are rare and one of a kind.

Last edited by Winston on January 18th, 2012, 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is an article where Walt addresses the question of whether reversing aging is possible. His explanation is very interesting.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/is-a ... ort-answer

Is Age Reversal Really Possible? The Short Answer

By Walt F.J. Goodridge

The Short Answer

The Truths of Age Reversal
"In order to survive as a physical being,
you must master the physical universe.
In order to master the physical universe,
you must know its truths.
Without truths, life can hold no absolutes."

I know what you're thinking: "Isn't aging inevitable?"

The answer is "Yes and no." While evolution and change are surely evident phenomena in the universe, the forms that these changes take are not inevitable. When it comes to what we refer to as agin, bone loss is not inevitable. Memory deterioration is not inevitable. Loss of vitality and cognition are not inevitable. They are commonplace, but they need not be inevitable. They are accepted, but they are neither inevitable nor normal.

Here, therefore, is one of several truths and concepts that will help you understand and believe in the reality of age reversal.

1. Opposites are nothing more than extremes of the same thing.
If you understand this simple, yet profound concept, then your world can change.

Think about this image.

Darkness<---------------------------------------- >Light

These extremes are opposites. Right? However, they are nothing more than opposite ends of the same "thing." You get to darkness by reducing the light. Darkness is nothing more than the progressive reduction of light. Similarly, take any concept of opposites (black & white, up & down, rich & poor) and you can see that they are really two points on a line. That line is what I mean when I say "the same 'thing.'"

Scarcity<---------------------------------------- >Abundance

acid<---------------------------------------- >alkaline

apathy<---------------------------------------- >enthusiasm

low vibration<---------------------------------------- >high vibration

Similarly, disease and health are two extremes of the same "thing." You get to disease by taking progressive steps away from health.

disease<---------------------------------------- >health

What this means is quite profound. It means everything is a process, a trend. It means every state of being on that trend is part of a gradual progression and sequence. It means there is a definable path from one point to the next. I can change poor into rich by doing specific things that move me in the direction of richness. I can change down to up by moving in the direction of up.

Now, here's where it gets a little challenging for most people, but the law holds true just the same. I can move from the conditions that are associated with "aging" towards the conditions associate with "youth" by doing certain things, by stopping and reversing the beliefs, thoughts, words, actions, habits and practices that have contributed to this thing called "aging."

Remember, while the increase in your collection of years is inevitable, the conditions associated with that collection of years doesn't have to be. Yes, this means that everything is reversible.

Let me explain further.

In this universe, there is no such thing as something staying the same. The universe, as well as everything within, is either contracting or expanding. Does this make sense? Here on this physical plane, therefore, as a physical being you too are contracting or expanding-- either surviving or succumbing. In order to be ageless you must first be surviving. You must stop the trend of succumbing, then survive, prosper and then you can reverse the trend.

Every prior state/condition or point on a trend exists as an achievable state of being. This is true because of what we learned about health. Health is simply a function of accumulation and depletion--something inside the body that shouldn't be there, and/or something that should be that isn't.

"Therefore, if you are on the right side closer to "health" and if you find yourself moving to the left and feeling out of balance today because of something you ate, you can return to yesterday's condition by allowing that thing to flow out. If you feel out of balance today because of something that is depleted, you can return to yesterday's condition by replenishing that thing.

"The fact that people heal, that people's cancers can go into remission; that people can test positive for something today and negative tomorrow; that people can cure incurable diseases, means that prior states of health are always accessible. Does this make sense?"

Now let's continue the line of thought. If sickness can be transmuted into health, then it stands to reason that age can be transmuted into youth. Why? Because age is simply another word we use to define a condition of the body. And just like any other condition that we experience, it is the result of something inside that needs to flow out, or something outside that needs to flow in.

"And we learned earlier that any condition you find yourself in is just a point on a path. Youth and agelessness, therefore, as points on the path on the opposite side of age and demise, are also merely states of the body and mind due to something lost or something added.

"Agelessness, therefore--yesterday's you--like any other bodily condition, is the predictable and achievable result of doing things that replenish or release. "Fortunately, we know practically all the elements which make up the human body which can be depleted from one day to the next, and we can replenish those through our food."

Author's Bio:

Walt F.J. Goodridge has been vegan since 1992. He looks a lot younger than would typically be evident based on the time he's accumulated on the planet in this particular incarnation.

Learn more at www.waltgoodridge.com
Look for How to Reverse Aging using special foods, vitamins, supplements and a few little-known, secret practices, at www.passionprofit.com/waystoorder.html

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Reality Check

Post by Rock »

Winston, look at this guy's young photos and then look at his current one. Has he not aged? If u answered yes, and he clearly has, the next question u should ask as is why. If aging can be reversed, why hasn't he himself as one of the leaders in spreading this belief, achieved dramatic age reversal personally? Perhaps he discovered the secret more recently and looks younger than 10 years ago? I don't even know how old he now is or whether or not he even looks young for his age. But this an obvious area u shld begin with when evaluating the credibility of this guy.

Do u think that perhaps u r plagued by a large critical thinking blind spot. That would kind of hinder your ability to effectively 'truth seek', don't u think?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Reality Check

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:Winston, look at this guy's young photos and then look at his current one. Has he not aged? If u answered yes, and he clearly has, the next question u should ask as is why. If aging can be reversed, why hasn't he himself as one of the leaders in spreading this belief, achieved dramatic age reversal personally? Perhaps he discovered the secret more recently and looks younger than 10 years ago? I don't even know how old he now is or whether or not he even looks young for his age. But this an obvious area u shld begin with when evaluating the credibility of this guy.

Do u think that perhaps u r plagued by a large critical thinking blind spot. That would kind of hinder your ability to effectively 'truth seek', don't u think?
Of course I've considered that. And I knew in advance that you were going to say that (see, my prediction came true). But he looks younger than his age. Most black guys do though. I don't think he is arguing that he can keep his same looks forever. He is just theoretically arguing that the effects of aging can be reversed, theoretically at least. To what degree isn't clear, but you can reverse some of its effects by attaining good health. That doesn't mean you can't learn something valuable from his book on reversing aging though.

You met Steve Neese. He looks like he could be in his late 20's or early 30's, even though he's 40. He definitely has a youthful look and leads a healthy lifestyle and diet too.

Besides, this guy is obviously highly intelligent, gifted, and is very good at what he does. So he must be doing something right. We can all learn from such inspiring people, even if they aren't infallible or right about everything.

Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

I clicked on a few of those links and my firm impression is he's a self promoter and bullshit artist with no background in medicine or biology.

Notice how he has nothing concrete to say regarding life extension. He clearly doesn't know the science behind aging. Does he even make mention of calorie restriction?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Reality Check

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:Winston, look at this guy's young photos and then look at his current one. Has he not aged? If u answered yes, and he clearly has, the next question u should ask as is why. If aging can be reversed, why hasn't he himself as one of the leaders in spreading this belief, achieved dramatic age reversal personally? Perhaps he discovered the secret more recently and looks younger than 10 years ago? I don't even know how old he now is or whether or not he even looks young for his age. But this an obvious area u shld begin with when evaluating the credibility of this guy.

Of course I've considered that. And I knew in advance that you were going to say that (see, my prediction came true). But he looks younger than his age. Most black guys do though. I don't think he is arguing that he can keep his same looks forever. He is just theoretically arguing that the effects of aging can be reversed, theoretically at least. To what degree isn't clear, but you can reverse some of its effects by attaining good health. That doesn't mean you can't learn something valuable from his book on reversing aging though.

You met Steve Neese. He looks like he could be in his late 20's or early 30's, even though he's 40. He definitely has a youthful look and leads a healthy lifestyle and diet too.

Besides, this guy is obviously highly intelligent, gifted, and is very good at what he does. So he must be doing something right. We can all learn from such inspiring people, even if they aren't infallible or right about everything.
I don't think Steve followed any guru. He's prolly just blessed with very good genetics and no major bad habits. So he is able to look 10-15 years younger than his chronological age. DJFormoney claims to be in a similar boat. But wait till these guys hit 55-60. Sooner or later, the years will likely catch-up with them. Denzel Washington looked super young IMO well into his 40s and then bam, he aged like 10-15 years in the course of months.

Yes, I totally agree that there are many things you can do to slow the aging process. If u have abused yourself and look like a mess, you can even shave a few years off your apparent age with a focused diet, exercise, yoga, meditation, and sleep regime. But that does not reverse the continuous cellular aging going on in your body. Its more like window dressing.

The area I would really like to see some breakthroughs in is tissue and organ regeneration. If the telomeric clock in our DNA could somehow be reset or old organs re-grown like new, then perhaps we would be getting somewhere. Your guru sounds more like a touchy feely new-age "age is just a number" kinda guy.

Glad that he makes u feel good. But if u wanna look and feel younger, what u really need to do is get your ass on the right diet and exercise plan and stick with it for at least a few months.