Why is marijuana illegal if it's not dangerous?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Why is marijuana illegal if it's not dangerous?

Post by Winston »

Check these out. They are funny.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The story basically goes like this: hemp is a wonder plant and it is better than cotton because it can produce a wider variety of products of better quality. The cotton industry rallied to outlaw it because it would be great competition to it. Also, possibly the alcohol and tobacco industries could be involved as it would eat into their profits.
And if it legalized, the whole War on Drugs industry would suffer major unemployment.
So, there you go!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what Joe Rogan said about the reason pot is illegal.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

Probably because it makes you stupid. Sure did when I smoked it.

I got in touch with long ago friends who were long term users and they were exactly like that PSA where the guy is in the basement and Mom yells at him if he got a job that day.

But this guy was in his 40's and had smoked his entire life away.

I couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

It also f***s your lungs up faster than cigarettes.

Ideally I would like to see all drugs legalised in the USA. It would kill a lot of the CIA/PRC/UK black budget funding and the crime would drop. It would put about 30 million into rehab instantly and would hamper the economy, but at least Mexico would be a safe place again.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Its not bc tobacco/alco companies would lose money, cld be part of the reason, it s bc canabis makes you stupid.
Have you ever tried to talk to someone who had just one joint, they are just f***ed up,their perception is changed, laugh uncontrollably,etc imagine legalizing it and expecting people and kids to be responsible users, bad idea. One can have 20 packets of cigarets a day but he wont hallucinate, he will destroy his liver but that his choice, he is not danger to people around him(he cld still drive,operate machinery etc)
BTW how do we know that noone in the world died from marijuana?
Usually people that smoke canabis also smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol so when they die how can we be certain it wasnt cancer caused by canabis that caused death??
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

ladislav wrote:The story basically goes like this: hemp is a wonder plant and it is better than cotton because it can produce a wider variety of products of better quality. The cotton industry rallied to outlaw it because it would be great competition to it. Also, possibly the alcohol and tobacco industries could be involved as it would eat into their profits.
And if it legalized, the whole War on Drugs industry would suffer major unemployment.
So, there you go!
Yup, the ONLY reason. It's too good of a plant. People can grow the stuff in their own yards, and it yields pretty quick. People will get on your case for EATING THE SEEDS! You can't use it for anything without getting in trouble. Why is that people?

BECAUSE IT'S GOOD SHIT! Literally, you can make superior quality clothes with it, you can make paper from it, you can eat it, and can even smoke it! What other kind of plant lets you do that? :D
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

C.J. wrote:Literally, you can make superior quality clothes with it...
You are joking, right? All hemp clothing I have tried on is heavy, stiff, thick and itchy. It has this cardboard sturdiness to it which I don't want in my clothes. No thanks.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

ph_visitor wrote:
C.J. wrote:Literally, you can make superior quality clothes with it...
You are joking, right? All hemp clothing I have tried on is heavy, stiff, thick and itchy. It has this cardboard sturdiness to it which I don't want in my clothes. No thanks.
I've had one article once, and it was great. Didn't wear out much either, I liked it. But different strokes I suppose. :)
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

many reasons why its illegal....my take on it off the top of my head...

#1 it opens your mind to question everything sacred and dogmatic and leads to imagining better societal models than the status quo (which is a major threat to the powers that be)

#2 it relaxes people so that they are not in a rush to work or support the economic system...stoned people are content with a modest comfortable life and some decent food...this is incongruent with US focus on greed and ambition thus too many stoned people not feeding the income tax beast is another threat to the state.

#3 zillion dollar subsidies from alcohol industry to keep it illegal as they want the only "legal" social drug on the market...drinking kills brain cells and dims your wit-curiosity and is great tool to keep citizens unquestioning and conformist.

#4 they cant control pot....it grows everywhere, quickly, cheaply and easily....the big farma and medical industry cant have people with such access to a virtually harmless multi-purpose medicinal plant that they cant patent for high profits and keep you sick from side effects

#5 its a very safe arrest by police needing to pad stats of crime fighting (stoners are 99% peaceful) and keeps the prison industry well feed with non violent offenders in their cells

#6 product illegality raises the price artificially by up to 500% creating a high profit item which will also attract "criminals"...these cabal level traffickers pay officials billions to keep it illegal thus sustaining their record profits.

#7 potheads tend to be individualists and non-agressive and are not swayed by medias hawkish war propaganda...thus the military industrial complex would suffer w/o sufficient support and volunteering cannon fodder.

probly several more reasons as well
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

ph_visitor wrote:Probably because it makes you stupid. Sure did when I smoked it.

I got in touch with long ago friends who were long term users and they were exactly like that PSA where the guy is in the basement and Mom yells at him if he got a job that day.

But this guy was in his 40's and had smoked his entire life away.

I couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

It also f***s your lungs up faster than cigarettes.

Ideally I would like to see all drugs legalised in the USA. It would kill a lot of the CIA/PRC/UK black budget funding and the crime would drop. It would put about 30 million into rehab instantly and would hamper the economy, but at least Mexico would be a safe place again.
+1 Yea, I know a person who smoked for years and you can tell that the smoking did something to their mind. I have nothing against weed, but I have concluded that it's just not for everybody.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

@ NorthAmericanguy and ph_visitor, same could be said for any abused substance. Sugar for instance, one may have a bowl of ice cream and not be obese but when over eating takes place obesity becomes a problem. The problem arises form the over use or abuse of any substance, not the substance its self. People should have a choice of what they want to put in there bodies without government interference. Just my two cents... :)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!