Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Is fasting a good way to detoxify yourself?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Citizen
Freshman Poster

Re: Is fasting a good way to detoxify yourself?

Post by Citizen » November 28th, 2016, 11:42 am

MrMan wrote:I suppose these Breatherians can only get energy from a yellow sun. A red one won't feed them. That's why Clark Kent doesn't actually have to eat. If it was in a Superman movie, why not believe it, right? Our bodies can use sunlight to process vitamin D. That's what I've heard about. Plants have chlorophyll. They convert sunlight into sugars. We eat the sugars.

If someone can go for a super long period of time without eating and stay healthy, that's a miracle. A 40 day fast is possible, though. I know of someone whose done it, probably more than one.

A lot of this 'detox' stuff is a myth. There are people who believe they can eat saturated fats and preservatives for 30 years, and then go for a week eating broccoli shakes and that is supposed to suck all kinds of poison from their bloodstream. I hear, it takes 7 years to replace all the molecules from our bodies with new ones. It takes a while to 'cleanse' from bad eating habits. A week of drinking broccoli won't do it. People who sell books on fasting may insist that toxins are stored in the fat. Is there any kind of scientific literature to back that up? Fasting may have some health benefits. I'm suspicious of calling it 'detox.'
Nope

w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Re: Is fasting a good way to detoxify yourself?

Post by w.p.o. » December 1st, 2016, 3:37 pm

fasting is a good way to neglect your body of the nutrients it needs for survival. Eating very clean and drinking juiced fruits and veggies are the way to go. Tea with ginger (the actual root). Coupled with frequent trips to the sauna (preferably an infarred sauna). Seriously consider supplementing nascent iodine and selenium. Google Dr. Edward Group for some good tips. Of course, with anything else, trial-n-error is something you must go through to see what is ideal. Don't forget a probiotic. It helps flushes you from within.

The word 'detox' refers to the elimination of toxins from the body. Either it be from the organs or the skin. You need natural laxatives and you gotta sweat profusely.